Coastal Art. Sidecap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Art. Sidecap

Hi Gent´s i just brought this sidecap yesterday.
    Attached Files

up 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Jens, I would like to hear more opinions in this one, not sure just with pictures but I'm not very comfortable with it. First time that I see a triangle factory machine stitching eagle in a KA side cap. By the pictures the lining and the maker stamp don't like me.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
        Jens, I would like to hear more opinions in this one, not sure just with pictures but I'm not very comfortable with it. First time that I see a triangle factory machine stitching eagle in a KA side cap. By the pictures the lining and the maker stamp don't like me.
        I had my thoughts about the triangle stitching too. So more opinions would be nice.

Comment

The front
          Attached Files

Comment

Agree with Eduardo. Never seen this type of application before, but can't see any immediate red flags with either the sidecap or the eagle by themselves.
            Martin

Comment

I'm not very comfortable either. Although on (KM) M43 caps all sorts of triangle applications and combinations seem to have occured, I neither have seen such an application on a KA side cap. This combined with the overal status of the cap and materials (greenish wool, rather off-lining in a KA cap), I would not prefer to own it, not definitly claiming it to be bad for that matter!

Such a non regulation cap with machine stiched insignia I would only like to have in a field worn condition, not mint like this garment.

I have not checked the Rbnr for correctness.

Comment

I just fund this picture that fits with the RB nr in the cap. At least that tells us that the number existed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Jens you are right, typical tropical M43 caps maker, but is the first KA side cap for me. The maker stamp looks very similar to the known examples, a better picture would be great. Usually the eagle stitching way used by this firm in the tropical M43 caps is in triangle like this one, so it has a good chance to be good.

Regards
                  Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

I like this cap and the triangle stitching is ok for me !
                    Nick

Comment

Jens you are right, typical tropical M43 caps maker, but is the first KA side cap for me. The maker stamp looks very similar to the known examples, a better picture would be great. Usually the eagle stitching way used by this firm in the tropical M43 caps is in triangle like this one, so it has a good chance to be good.

I have also seen this RB nr Stamp in Kriegsmarine Helferinnen side caps. In those side caps they use white ink because of the dark lining in the caps. Here is a couple of pictures of the RB nr stamp.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by danish dragoon View Post
                        I have also seen this RB nr Stamp in Kriegsmarine Helferinnen side caps. In those side caps they use white ink because of the dark lining in the caps. Here is a couple of pictures of the RB nr stamp.
                        Well, that certainly speaks to the caps favour!

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                          I like this cap and the triangle stitching is ok for me !
                          Nick

Hello!

I agree With You!

Comment

Looking for more info in the forum I have found this thread with a not good Heer tropical cap with similar stamps, so I still have my doubts as is a new maker for me in a KA side cap, the very unusual way to stitch the eagle, the lack of the second sewn around the edge of the lining, ... so many non usual points.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=potthoff
                            Attached Files

Regards
                            Eduardo

Comment

Looking for more info in the forum I have found this thread with a not good Heer tropical cap with similar stamps, so I still have my doubts as is a new maker for me in a KA side cap, the very unusual way to stitch the eagle, the lack of the second sewn around the edge of the lining, ... so many non usual points.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=potthoff
                              Yes, ... but the fact that the marking was also used in KM Helferinnen side cap makes me thinking out of the box again, don't you agree?

Nonetheless, and that is what would make me more comfortable, is not to have something like say 95% convincing but a non-brainer... But that is for me of course.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X