• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine gold tropical pithelm eagle for opinions please

unmarked at the back

eagles aj (5).JPG

eagles aj (6).JPG

Nice eagle. Are you sure it's unmarked? Looks like a typical Gustav Brehmer and there's usually a small GB mark on the reverse in the swastika.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Couple to compare;

One marked GB (Gustav Brehmer) as Norm indicated, and one marked K.W.M. (Karl Wurst Markneukirchen)

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Attached Files
          RonR

Comment

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

His is marked you can make out the G of GB...Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                Nice eagle. Are you sure it's unmarked? Looks like a typical Gustav Brehmer and there's usually a small GB mark on the reverse in the swastika.

Best regards,
                ---Norm
                I agree with Ron: yours looks to be a GB marked piece on the reverse of the swaz

Nice bird Glazer!

Regards

JC

Comment

Kriegsmarine silver pith helmet eagle for opinions please

thanks a lot Norm, RonR and JC, indeed I use a mignifying glass and discovered the GB on #1!!

What about this silver one: original too? Now I looked well but did not discovered any markings, you help is welcome!

PICT5940.JPG

PICT5938.JPG

Comment

[ATTACH]3751937[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wait for better opinions but...
                      I've seen that type before too in silver & gold and even though the design & hardware is very different than the GB and KWM I thinks its an original Assmann product if memory serves me right because it has a rather disctinctive "archaïc" look to it. Assmann products are often (but not always) marked "A" but the mark isnt necessarily obvious .

Easy enough to verify though because its pictured in the Assmann catalogue. Unfortunately my catalogue is stashed away in a box of books somewhere

Salut

JC

Comment

Jean-Claude.

My Assmann Catalog is quite handy........

Attached Files
                        RonR

Comment

Hi Ron, thanks for the catalogue pictures! You really are a distinguished contributor!

Thats exactly the picture I was thinking about and its the same eagle IMO. Some manufacturers used line drawings in their catalogues but others, like Assmann used "enhanced" pictures so they are more accurate for detail.

Note the same long sloping neck at front and the shorther straighter back of the head, the same wing & breast feathering etc so its the same eagle for me. The page also shows the cotter pins (26057) used to secure the round loops of the eagle to the helmet

PS: Dont rub it in about my reference access. Book cases all over the place but still over 3000 books stored in boxes for kitty litter (very sturdy but not very accessible ) and my whole TR collection is stored in bankers envelopes in Tupperware containers so its so much trouble to look at the real deal I just use pictures these days. Good thing I still have some memory left

Best regards & thanks again

JC

Comment

Hi, not sure that this one is an Assmann, IMO the head-beak is not the same. Pictures of mine for reference
                            Attached Files
                            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X