Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fur lined jacket

Hi Fellas

Like something seen on the Eastern front, anyone think the Kriegsmarine stamp is legit?

Thanks, Old buffer.

I think your stamp is legit i see no issues (but glaser is a expert in this subject),.....these jackets has been used by the subcrew nice catch

Comment

Originally posted by 48RMC View Post
      I think your stamp is legit i see no issues (but glaser is a expert in this subject),.....these jackets has been used by the subcrew nice catch
      I have looked in vain for some U-boat crew images showing these fur jackets. Hopefully someone might post one.

Comment

Originally posted by WWII Buff View Post
        I have looked in vain for some U-boat crew images showing these fur jackets. Hopefully someone might post one.
        This is the more prevalent KM model with knitted cuffs for better protection (ex French stocks)...see link below!
        The thread also has some period images! Your model is more common with land forces use but who knows? (I used to own one myself, but unmarked)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ench+sheepskin

Comment

Agree with Nick, IMO this one looks as a land units garment not KM. Also I'm not very comfortable with the KM depot stamp, very unusual for a garment like this.
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            This is the more prevalent KM model with knitted cuffs for better protection (ex French stocks)...see link below!
            The thread also has some period images! Your model is more common with land forces use but who knows? (I used to own one myself, but unmarked)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ench+sheepskin
            Thanks for the link.

The jacket looks similar in style to the one worn in the famous Kharkov image(stick grenade) minus the sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
              Agree with Nick, IMO this one looks as a land units garment not KM. Also I'm not very comfortable with the KM depot stamp, very unusual for a garment like this.
              It may well have ended up for land use and that is certainly not unusual. I also have to say that the stamp looks correct to me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WWII Buff View Post
                It may well have ended up for land use and that is certainly not unusual. I also have to say that the stamp looks correct to me as well.

I agree!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X