Kriegsmarine tally: lenght of text comparision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine tally: lenght of text comparision

First of all I would like to ask opinions on the authenticity of both tallies, since is not my comfort zone although I collect KM.
    Secondly I noticed the difference in lenght of the word "Kriegsmarine". The word is longer in the number 1 tally. Is this always the case and linked to the number 1 type of manufacturing?
    The word KM of 1 = 18,5 cm; the word KM of 2 = 17,7 cm
    Both measured in one horizontal line from left of the upper curve in the K to the right upper end tip of the E

PICT0430.JPG

PICT0431.JPG

[ATTACH]3665045[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3665046[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3665047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3665048[/ATTACH]

Comment

Both period IMO.

John

Comment

In regards to different length of the name, this is entirely normal. Different factories produced these tallies using different techniques and different cards for the loom.

My guess is that one of these tallies was washed (the shorter named one) and the shrinkage is normal in that case. You will note that the actual black ribbon is the same height for both, again, normal.

Nothing to worry about. I believe both are cellon.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
            In regards to different length of the name, this is entirely normal. Different factories produced these tallies using different techniques and different cards for the loom.

My guess is that one of these tallies was washed (the shorter named one) and the shrinkage is normal in that case. You will note that the actual black ribbon is the same height for both, again, normal.

Nothing to worry about. I believe both are cellon.

John
            thx a lot John, here three more for your opinion

Comment

[ATTACH]3668856[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3668857[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]3668860[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3668861[/ATTACH]

Comment

Seems to me diferences in text lenght are normal, I have three KM tallies and none has the same text lenght than other. Here a comparison between a metalfaden and a kunstseid KM tallies:

And a comparison between two metalfaden Schleswig=Holstein tallies:

Comment

all 5 Kriegsmarine tallies lenght comparison

[ATTACH]3679892[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X