KM Kriegsmarine Jungshans stopwatch fake eagle IMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Kriegsmarine Jungshans stopwatch fake eagle IMO

Opinions are welcome on this eagle, looking at the lower left feather and comparing the left and right upper feather edge rouding, next the the eagles head and the head itself, I suspect that is a good Junghans stopwatch with a postwar added engraving to upgrade this piece.

junghansovaa0.jpeg

junghansovaa1.jpeg

[ATTACH]3656689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3656690[/ATTACH]

Comment

Agree! Fake markings!

Comment

I know most of you will think what do i have to say, Glaser and AFX2000 knows everything about this subject, but please chime in and give your opinion every meaning counts, thanks in advance.

I'm the one how bought this stopwatch 5 years ago via E-stand

Comment

Hello,
          I do not have any opinion if this one here shown is original or not.
          Just my thoughts:

I have read trough various post in different places about those engravings.
          Seems commonly accepted that:
          - Junghans had used hand-engraving
          - no "stencil plates" were used
          - staff changed and therefor skills and style changed with them
          - there are original very nice and original very ugly eagles when it comes to style and workmanship

Based on this I ask myself:
          Who can tell 100% for sure whether such an eagle is period engraved or maybe today ?
          My personal conclusion: if any of those watches do not have a rock-solid provenance, I will not buy it.

Regards
          Christian

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
            Hello,
            I do not have any opinion if this one here shown is original or not.
            Just my thoughts:

I have read trough various post in different places about those engravings.
            Seems commonly accepted that:
            - Junghans had used hand-engraving
            - no "stencil plates" were used
            - staff changed and therefor skills and style changed with them
            - there are original very nice and original very ugly eagles when it comes to style and workmanship

Based on this I ask myself:
            Who can tell 100% for sure whether such an eagle is period engraved or maybe today ?
            My personal conclusion: if any of those watches do not have a rock-solid provenance, I will not buy it.

Regards
            Christian
            Hello Christian,
            Thank you very much for your opinion!! Indeed Junghans made different engraved eagles but each model had his own specific eagle, so i think that you can approach it like a sort of scientific statement (that's what i have learn from those topics) If you look at my stopwatch and see how the engraving has been done, you must confess that this eagle has some odd features if you compare it with other specimens from the same type of watch (the left top of the wing, the lower bird feather, and so on). My mistake was i thought that i was knowledgeable enough to buy this watch but i was wrong,.....but despite all of that, i'm still believing that you can buy those watches also if they have no provenance, what do you think Glaser and AFX2000 'm i wrong?

Best regards Christian

Comment

Originally posted by afx20000 View Post
              Agree! Fake markings!
              Please could you explain why you think that this eagle is a fake thank you!!!

Comment

Just check the watches I've posted in the U-Jagd thread...

Comment

Originally posted by afx20000 View Post
                  Just check the watches I've posted in the U-Jagd thread...
                  Thank you but there was some discrepanties between you and Glaser concerning the U-Jagd or 'm i wrong?,......what do you think about my statement with member Compressore is he right or 'm i wrong?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X