No announcement yet.

Coastal grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, your comments are very much appreciated.. Yeah, couldn't believe my luck.

Comment

I had this group in my hands. Nothing more to say. Just fabulous!

Comment

As far as I can see the documents were filled out by the Marine Bekleidunglager (black ink)

Than the recipient has signed for taking over (in blue).
        Signature reads:
        Alexander

There is only one officer with this name in the rank list of 1944 and also he is listed as a coastal artillery officer.
        ALEXANDER, Leo,
        Listed as Oberleutnant (KA) since 01.04.1941
        Does the shoulder boards only missing the KA wings or maybe also a pip ?

Regards
        Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian, that is very interesting. I'd love to find out more about his career and find out if he was taken prisoner or KIA.

Checked the shoulder boards. There seems to be only one hole in them on both sides, which is odd as the winged shells typically have two separate pins. Pin also seems a bit long for a winged shell (see picture). Doesn't look like there's been a Oberleutnant pip there.

Given the absence of any award loops, could it be this was an 'old' tunic and he 'upgraded' to a tailor made one? Might also explain why he left this one behind along with two pairs of EM trousers.

Martin
          Attached Files

Comment

What a score! Congratulations!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X