Coastal grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal grouping

A Dutch friend of mine found a suitcase with 'an old uniform' whilst clearing an attic for a family member. My lucky day...

It all belonged to an officer with the Mar. Flak Abt. 810 on the island of Walcheren, who was billeted with a local family. Documents in the pockets show he must have worn this tunic only just before the allied Commandos attacked the island on November 1, 1944.
    He never returned to pick up his stuff.
    Unfortunately the family do not remember his name, and none of the items in the suitcase are named either.

Hope you like it as much as I do.
    Martin
    Attached Files

Close up of the tunic. Interestingly the two top buttons are applied upside down..

In the middle of the shoulder board there's you can see a pin of one of the insignia that's come off at some stage.
    Attached Files

Comment

Under the officer collar patches you can still feel the original enlisted man's patches. Stitching is also visible.

BAW stamp dated July 1941.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very faint size stamps, extremely large (the stamps, not the tunic). Numbers are at least an inch each ...

It appears he never wore any medals on this tunic as there are no medal loops at all.
        Attached Files

Comment

First pair of pants. This pair is not marked.
          Attached Files

Comment

Lining of the first pair
            Attached Files

Comment

Second pair of pants, N.C.I. stamped as well as BAK. Almost mint condition.
              I remember reading a thread about NCI stamps but can't find it now.
              Attached Files

Comment

Front and stamps
                Attached Files

Comment

Some other bits and pieces found in the suitcase. Eagle, Tresse and his Braces.

Two pieces of paper were in one of the tunic pockets. It appears he was dropping of and picking up the exact same amount of items from the Marine Bekleidungs Lager in Groningen (Netherlands). His own unit is identified as Mar. Fl. Abt. 810, which aligns perfectly with the area where he was stationed (Walcheren - Netherlands).
                  I would assume he was swapping worn/damaged items for new ones...? Groningen is a fair way away from where he was stationed it seems...

400 pr Strumpfe
                  200 Hosentraeger
                  40 Kochgeschirre
                  40 Zeltbahnen
                  19 Halstuecher (Woll)
                  50 Kleidersaecke
                  20 Oberhemden
                  15 Feldwebelanzuge
                  50 Bordmuetzen (reverse)
                  150 Taschentuecher (reverse)
                  Attached Files

Comment

And the reverse of the same documents.

That's it.

Martin
                    Attached Files

Comment

Martin, amazing find, very interesting lot, congratulations

Those trousers with the Marinebekleidungsamt stamp are a really rare bird, and love the Dutch maker’s stamp, N.C.I. (Nederlandsche Confectie Industrie) of Amsterdam , I have two feldbluse from this maker, so if you want to move them at any time please think in me.

The papers are very interesting, never heard before about a Marine Bekleidungs Lager in Groningen, but it is reasonable to think that there were deposits distributed through the occupied areas, as there was a branch of the Offizierkleiderkasse der Kriegsmarine in Den Haag.
                      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Indeed very interested, amazing group!!

Comment

What a great find, congrats!

Cheers Thomas

Comment

Very nice group ! Super !

Comment

+1!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X