KM breast eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM breast eagle

Today I got this breast eagle from a (non-collecting) friend who'd found it in an attic, along with some other KM-coastal uniform items (Mar. Fl. Abt. 810), which I will post later.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this style of breast eagle or knows who made them? IMO not a very common variety, especially the swastika looks odd.

Cheers,
    Martin
    Attached Files

KM breast eagle

xx
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is 11C's comment in the other thread:

Originally posted by 11C View Post
      Made in France during the occupation of Brest.
      but I would like to know how this can be known.

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

The shape is not typical german for sure but the french made eagles are quite different ?
        Nick

Comment

NOT one I would want

Comment

Originally Posted by germanpolice:
            Not one i would want
            That's fine. To be honest, if I'd found this one somewhere in a little antique store or at a show I probably would've passed as well. However in this case I am certain it is an original eagle, never been anywhere near a collector (until yesterday at least ).
            It's original owner was stationed in Holland as part of Mar.Fl.Abt.810. It could be that the eagle was made locally, but that is speculation only, he could have gotten it somewhere else too.
            The only thing I do know is that he got it prior to November 1944, when he left his little suit case behind, containing some uniform items, some documents and this eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Simon View Post
              It's original owner was stationed in Holland as part of Mar.Fl.Abt.810. It could be that the eagle was made locally, but that is speculation only, he could have gotten it somewhere else too.
              Rest of the grouping in this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...99#post7538199

Comment

I really like that eagle, its different but I have no issues with it at all. Id add it any day, the Kriegsmarine had some of the coolest eagles I have seen. Id buy this one if it was available. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                  I really like that eagle, its different but I have no issues with it at all. Id add it any day, the Kriegsmarine had some of the coolest eagles I have seen. Id buy this one if it was available. Matt
                  Agree.......

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
                    Totally agree and 100% original bird. I love the KM eagles!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X