Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KA visor up for discussion.

Hello Guy's,

I would like to discuss this item as i'm not convinced of the comments I received privately.

I know this type of visor construction is not in the regulations . But ! If one must collect only what is in the regulations .... half of the collections would shrink seriously .. Admit :-)

Ok, serious, besides the "regulation" point ... What can one find suspicious on this cap ?
    Did anyone ever see another one like this ?

The cap was acquired fro a private person, no dealer, no collector .

I do have some experience ... Only 42 years of handling this stuff ... But, I'm not god and don't know it all as proven with other items in other sections of the forum.

For me, it just feels good, looks good, the material is right, the " patina" is perfect ...

Please , for the people who have experience, feel free to comment; i don't bite ! :-)

Marc
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

;
      Attached Files

Comment

:
        Attached Files

Comment

I can not see what should be wrong with it. For me it looks like a very nice original. If i had the money i would love to own it . But it would be nice to here the reason why some members dont like. Those cloth visors was also seen on Waffen SS caps so why not Küsten Artillerie units.
          Last edited by danish dragoon; 08-14-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

IMO a customs visor with added KA badges ...
            The green band has the typical customs green , not an early RW colour nor a
            KM dark green or middle green colour .
            Nick

Comment

Beautiful workmanship, I see why you jumped on it...very nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                IMO a customs visor with added KA badges ...
                The green band has the typical customs green , not an early RW colour nor a
                KM dark green or middle green colour .
                Nick

Indeed a possibility, adding a badge is easy ... the green is indeed a bit lighter than the green om my officer visor KA...
                BUT ... Did the customs have such a visors ? ???
                Marc.

Comment

Polizei had such caps in the pre-war period , called Hausmütze .
                  I'm sure the Zoll had the same ,with the cloth covered visor ...
                  And this green colour is typical for Zoll
                  I'll check home ! But a real good documentation on Zoll uniforms doesn't exist ?
                  As far as i know .
                  Nick

Comment

Originally posted by gams1 View Post
                    polizei had such caps in the pre-war period , called hausmütze .
                    I'm sure the zoll had the same ,with the cloth covered visor ...
                    And this green colour is typical for zoll
                    i'll check home ! But a real good documentation on zoll uniforms doesn't exist ?
                    As far as i know .
                    Nick
                    +1

Comment

Hello!

I Wonder,have this visor same style and color like Wasserzoll??

Best,Marine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X