Clear All

Kriegsmarine Assmann breast eagle

Hello,

This one is very well done, but doesn't correspond to the assmann
    eagle shown here and considered like original,
    your opinions are welcome.
    Attached Files

Hi

I have never before seen a pin setup like this on a Assmann.
    Strange

Andy

Comment

Hello Alexandre,

Not an expert so wait for other opinions however I agree with Andy about the hardware being strange but I've seen it before...

This is not the more common 1st pattern Assmann eagle we all know but its the Assmann 2nd pattern. The front is the same as a second pattern I have but the hardware on is very different . The hardware on yours is identical (other than it doesnt have a lower clasp) to copies you can get for $20 (your choice gold or silver...) from Reddick & other repro/reinactement sellers with different types of hardware depending on price/seller.

I attached a pict of my solid Assmann in gold (a hollow stamped version of this variant also exists with a few different hardware set-ups if memory serves me right) and a silver solid repro I bought just for the hell of it from Reddick: note the hardware on the repro...

The odd thing is the front die of the repro actually has better and slightly different detail (but not as deep) than the one I consider to be original and it is identical in detail to the original Assmann cloth mounted KM eagle in aluminum that you see once in a while. Had yours showed up pinned to a unform I would have probably said OK but the back sure as hell doesnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling but again, this is just my opinion

Best regards

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X