Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purpose

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
    Dear Sir, you have made your point and it has been noted. But again, I do NOT look for proof this tunic is genuine, NOT in a desire to discuss it, just used it for mere illustration if some one has seen something similar in a period photo. (But pff... I realized this would be the risk ...as always when the non "textbook" items are being shown...).

The Americans did it, the Russians did it so I'm sure there is a good chance ...etc etc

Thank you for your contribution nonetheless.
    I thought the purpose of this section is to discuss original KM items and distinguish them from fakes/reproductions/fantasy items. Period pictures you asked for could be a solution...but also Glaser proposal is one. If its a fake, no need to wait for pictures to pop-up.
    IMHO the comments by Glaser and other ones here are well placed..

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
      I thought the purpose of this section is to discuss original KM items and distinguish them from fakes/reproductions/fantasy items. Period pictures you asked for could be a solution...but also Glaser proposal is one. If its a fake, no need to wait for pictures to pop-up.
      IMHO the comments by Glaser and other ones here are well placed..
      Sorry, but you missed my point entirely. If you would have done some reseach before posting you would know I'm far from being reluctant discussing items or posting them.

Now when it comes with unique items like this (same goes with field made camo items, it comes down to believing in it or not, there will always be people pro and contra unless that specific item is being worn in a period photo.

I have started this thread with a question for a photo but - I say it again- not with intend to proof the tunic is genuine. I could have done so without showing the tunic but most of the times such a thread dies at a instant...therefore the sole purpose was to help people understand my question.

IMO it is totally impossible to discuss the tunic based on these two - distant shot- photos alone or not have it in hand. Please, feel free to discuss it but I choose not to be part of that since I believe it is pointless, IMHO of course.

Comment

Before we start talking in circles; there is of course a difference in opinions such as; "they never did", or discussions about a specific item. Both seem to be sort of mixed-up here.
        Last edited by Zauberflöte; 05-16-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Nice jacket !

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
          If you would have done some research before posting you would know I'm far from being reluctant discussing items or posting them.
          My posts are based on this thread....in which you are reluctant to discuss. Or do I have missed this entirely too ?

Nevertheless, the jacket is interesting, has a nice appeal and I wish you all luck with it.

Regards
          Christian

Comment

Who was this older California collector, if he was an honest collector then there should be no problem mentioning his name. If he was to the contrary, then still his name needs to be referenced.
            If his name will not be mentioned , that in itself gives pause by itself that something is being hidden .
            I know one in particular who claimed on many items the things were purchased right from the vet, then years later forgot his own story , then said he got the item from a picker .
            Even though this guy was a nice guy I knew , he still had a lot of trumped up crapola in his collection , and by the way the guy I knew sold lots of his stuff not long ago .

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              Who was this older California collector, ... .
              I have no idea and I don't care honestly. The other items coming from his collection were all high end and I know most of the top dealers were there to get their cherries... I also said it does not proof anything but yeah, it is a beginning...

I judge the item and would I have encountered this tunic at a local fair I would have bought it as well, at an instant. Although I certainly do not claim to have the wisdom I'm confident with my knowledge when it comes to tunics.

But what a timewaster this is; please look at the topic of this thread and my request, how difficult can this be?? The more sceptism will be received by posting the abnormal the less people will participate; discussions like this kill the Forum and do not contribute. It is shown again and again. There is so much nice to share and I feel already sorry I did.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X