Coastal Artillery M43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
    You have a good point and I do agree with you as well. The problem is that if something that is original field made and you post it on a forum, the chances that it get's the "thumbs down" is really high and then the item is doomed. I have even seenstack of items (same item) that was found in a german depot here in Norway has been given "thumbs down" because it was not listed in any books and therefor had to be fake. Reference books are really good to have, but not everything is listed in those books so when people can't fint it in their books, they automatically assume that it is a fantasy item. That is IMO the scary part because your perfectly original item will be doomed untill you can find a picture of it in use. has happened to me a lot of times in here, but after several years I have been able to find documenation on most of the items and that turned the table around. For others, they might just throw the items away since the person already has been told by "experts" that it is a fake or a fantasy piece.
    Hello my friend!

I TOTALLY agree with You!

Comment

Perfect Kustenartillerier M43 is the example for sale on the Guild now.

Comment

In hand inspection is always the best. But since coastal artillery caps appear to be less standard, this one has a good chance of being good. I like it's look and think it's period.

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
          You have a good point and I do agree with you as well. The problem is that if something that is original field made and you post it on a forum, the chances that it get's the "thumbs down" is really high and then the item is doomed. I have even seenstack of items (same item) that was found in a german depot here in Norway has been given "thumbs down" because it was not listed in any books and therefor had to be fake. Reference books are really good to have, but not everything is listed in those books so when people can't fint it in their books, they automatically assume that it is a fantasy item. That is IMO the scary part because your perfectly original item will be doomed untill you can find a picture of it in use. has happened to me a lot of times in here, but after several years I have been able to find documenation on most of the items and that turned the table around. For others, they might just throw the items away since the person already has been told by "experts" that it is a fake or a fantasy piece.
          I agree totally. I have seen M43 caps in period photos that vary from the "usual" and if they were posted on this forum, there are those who would shoot them down as being no good. Just take a look at the period photos on the back pages of Einheitsfeldmutze by D. Fisher and O. Lock for example. Most of those caps would be accepted as good, but there are some that would be deemed bad if a period photo of them did not exist. Sad to say, but it think the proliferation of fakes has affected the judgement of some experts. JMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X