New addition

Pic of it installed on torpedo....
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice and unique piece. Congratulations.

JustinG

Comment

Yes, a nice items.
        I personally would like to have something like this but I am always hesitating to buy something like this as the G7 torpedoes were used long time after the war by several navies.
        Does this piece shown here comes with a "provenance" ? How can I be "sure" that I will get a wartime piece ? Markings ?

Regards
        Christian

Comment

torpedo fuse

Christian,

For me the real question is: did they used WW2 german made torpedo fuses after the war, or did they started up their own national production? I don't know the answer but what I do know is that some NATO navies fired WW2 german made 9 mm bullets until the late 70-ties and 100 shell fuses even until the year 2000!

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Sinkalot View Post
            Latest addition...
            Housing for a Pi2 it seems (judging by the switches and test-plug for the magnetic part)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Sinkalot View Post
              Pic of it installed on torpedo....
              That is a Pi1, so not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                I am always hesitating to buy something like this as the G7 torpedoes were used long time after the war by several navies.
                Does this piece shown here comes with a "provenance" ? How can I be "sure" that I will get a wartime piece ? Markings ?
                I have never heard about no one producing parts for the german torpedoes after the war, besides the odd small parts (like plugs, springs, gaskets and some replacement tools).

Originally posted by glaser View Post
                For me the real question is: did they used WW2 german made torpedo fuses after the war, or did they started up their own national production?Joe
                Yes, of course: Original german pistols were used all through the torpedoes operational life post war.
                The last user being the Norwegian Navy: The G7a(TI) torpedo were used by the shore-torpedobatteries of the Coastal Artillery until 1999. The torpedo itself was modified with wire-guidance in the late 1960's, but the warheads and pistols didn't change, besides replacing the explosive charge with more modern and safer material.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X