• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visor of G.Lütjens Admiral von der Bismarck / Original

The Seller says it is "original", so it must be:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281921279503?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

I don´t know if I would put that much trust in "dr-tree"...

Comment

About 25 years ago, an auction house in Europe (Hermann Historica?) sold a lot of Lütjens material, supposedly directly from the family, and even had a separate catalog for it (I've got a copy somewhere). There was a visor in there...but it sure wasn't this one.

Comment

He is listing it as a copy in the description text...very subtitle language but he says its "Original getreue" which means a true to original reproduction

Comment

this seller has only 92,5 % of positive feedback on 108 transactions, read his feedback and you wil have the answer to your question

Comment

I have gotten some pms on this post.

1. No, it is not real.
            2. It is a 100% fake cap with no original parts whatsoever.
            3. It has been crudely artificially aged.

However, despite this thread, it will still go for crazy money.....
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Not only that, the photos are directly lifted from warhats.com where that reproduction cap is available for £425.00...
              http://www.warhats.com/store/p510/Bi...tjens_Cap.html

Same scam from the same e-bay scammer as discussed here:
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=808550

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Norm F; 01-29-2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Norm, thanks for the link--looks like we spooked him into pulling the hat from auction.....
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hope so...

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  Norm, thanks for the link--looks like we spooked him into pulling the hat from auction.....
                  I hope that not someone offered a direct purchase on this piece of crap....

I have shown this auction to a friend of mine who is a lawyer. She said the description is "on the border" and maybe tipping to the side of being unlawful. Would be based on the judge.

If unlawful and the buyer would file a case, there are good chances of getting damages in the height of an really original cap......this is a very nice scenario I would like to try...just to get the seller's ass kicked.

Regards
                  Christian

Comment

Gentry, I belive it was Hanseatisches Auktionshaus (Hüsken) who offered Lütjens stuff.

cheers
                    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                      I hope that not someone offered a direct purchase on this piece of crap....

I have shown this auction to a friend of mine who is a lawyer. She said the description is "on the border" and maybe tipping to the side of being unlawful. Would be based on the judge.

If unlawful and the buyer would file a case, there are good chances of getting damages in the height of an really original cap......this is a very nice scenario I would like to try...just to get the seller's ass kicked.

Regards
                      Christian
                      I would say the chances are slim to none! Many years ago, I opened a case against a cocksucker in Texas, who sold me a bad Knight´s Cross. It was on Ebay. Guess who was ****ed big time.

Comment

We had recently several cases in Germany where E-Bay sellers had to pay damages due to false descriptions, early ending of auctions, direct sales etc.
                        The customer protection laws are very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
                          Gentry, I belive it was Hanseatisches Auktionshaus (Hüsken) who offered Lütjens stuff.

cheers
                          Peter
                          Thanks, Peter! I'll look around and see if I can find my copy.

Comment

It's back:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Schirmmutze-A...UAAOSwX~dWqfMK
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Up to EUR 506,00 with 4 days to go (and the reserve price hasn't even been met....):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281923580866?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X