X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coast artillery feldwebel tunic

dear all,
    I have in my collection this tunic.
    The patina is very realistic and is worn and the cloth is consumed by the use.
    the fabric of the Shoulder boards is the same color of the jacket and the badges (two on the pocket) have consumed the cloth by the pin.
    marks inside are mostly cleared from consumption.
    My doubt is about the "tresse" that is not in gold but is silver for heer.
    And the badges on the shoulders boards are for officer.
    What do you think about?
    thank you very much.

Hi Passo Stanco,

I'll let others answer your questions on the other insignia, but I can say that the breast eagle is certainly the "wild turkey" fake that can also be seen in this thread:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...57#post6710957

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

Comment

thank you very much. I think that the tunic is a good one. but the attribute are added in a second time...

Comment

this discussion has not taken off. I try to attract more interest with better images of the whole. the jacket has a beautiful patina, the wear and the color of the straps is in line with the rest of the fabric. inside faded stamps. I do not see particular problems as a whole, I have a doubt about the chest eagle that has been singled out as a wild turkey, even though in some collectors it seems good enough. Another incongruity is the silver profile on the collar. it should have been gold like the one on the shoulder pads. what do you think about it? the wood lamp is of no relevance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder straps are IMO replaced , tool ong for this jacket also .
          You need straps with silver Tresse on them , to have an Administrative
          NCO of the KM !
          Nick

Comment

thank you very much for your indication
            did the administration mount the silver profiles?
            what do you think about the eagle?

Comment

In my view it's a well used original tunic with all insignia etc. replaced. I agree with Norm the breast eagle is not an original. Shoulder boards do not match collar tresse, which is also of the WH pattern. All silver tresse I've seen on navy tunics and insignia is of a different pattern, like the (gold) tresse on the shoulder boards.

Interestingly, the collar tresse is the only thing that looks as if it may have been applied originally. It's not impossible, some coastal tunics were used by the army, or it may have been the only thing available at the time (or maybe it was applied only recently by a somewhat more skilful tailor than the other stuff).
              Neither the mounting of the collar patches on the backing material, nor their application to the collar seem original to me.

Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X