KM enlisted parade uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM enlisted parade uniform

Hi guys, a friend has bought this off the estand and since he cannot post any photos here i am doing so on his behalf.

Looks good to me. I know nothing about these eagles though so any comments welcomed.

Cheers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 11-18-2015, 11:02 AM.
    sigpicLooking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Attached Files

Comment

Anyone who knows about KM eagles?

Comment

Hello, this is not a gala tunic, but an original Kriegsmarine Junior NCO’s Parade Jacket, these were prohibited from wear for the duration of the war from september 1939 on

Comment

I agree with glaser except this shoulder insignia is for an Obergefreiter or "seaman 1st class" rating, not a junior NCO (Maat or Obermaat).

What I'm not sure about is whether this style of embroidered eagle could be seen on a jacket issued in 1939....seems later? Perhaps others could comment.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the info

Comment

Just to add.
              The Uniform Jacket was unique to the German Navy. It was worn both as part of the service dress and as a summer walking out uniform, when it was worn over either the blue or white jumper with the blue collar worn outside the jacket. As it was an elaborate Item of dress which served no practical function it was one of the naval garments that ceased to be issued at the outbreak of war and only those persons who already possessed the jacket could continue to use it within the prescribed circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by John_B View Post
                Just to add.
                The Uniform Jacket was unique to the German Navy. It was worn both as part of the service dress and as a summer walking out uniform, when it was worn over either the blue or white jumper with the blue collar worn outside the jacket. As it was an elaborate Item of dress which served no practical function it was one of the naval garments that ceased to be issued at the outbreak of war and only those persons who already possessed the jacket could continue to use it within the prescribed circumstances.
                Makes sense. Thanks John

Comment

I would post it on Heer insignia forum for opinions on the eagle/timeline.

John

Comment

Hello,

The eagle is a reproduction! I have this variety in DAK, WHite on green and White on Grey.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                      Hello,

The eagle is a reproduction! I have this variety in DAK, WHite on green and White on Grey.

Fred
                      Damn

Thanks for the info Fred.

I will contact my friend.
                      Chris

Comment

Hello,

Here are 2 more eagle of this pattern in different colors.

Fred
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X