Schutzenschnur Plakette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schutzenschnur Plakette

I just picked this up, which leads to the question about how these were secured to the lanyard. I looked up in the Schnur thread and do notice that several of them were secures by thread. Did they have prongs on the reverse or were they all sewn down.
    Attached Files

Hello Jack,

I picked up one this summer also without a backing cloth. There were no pins that I could see. It appears that they were sewn on.

Fred

Comment

Helo, agree with Freed, never seen on of these with pins, usually they were sewn directly on the rosette with golden thread
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thanks guys. This is as close as I have gotten to this grade of Schnur of the KM I may add it to my Deutschland Feuerwerker display as a separate piece, not on the Schnur!
        Attached Files

Comment

Personally, I think that great display is better without the Level 4 medallion. The problem is this these things are quite common separately and unused, and are often sewed onto post-war lanyards to make up a "level 4 wartime" award.

A true worn Level 4 Schützenschnur is very rare since they were discontinued early in the war, and probably no one would bother hanging around target practise long enough to get a gold acorn and plakette once there was a war going on!

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X