Coastal Artillery officer's cord tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coastal Artillery officer's cord tunic

Coastal Artillery officer's corduroy jacket.

Not my usual field of collecting but I thought this was an interesting example.
    THe jackets is made of a heavily ribbed light green cotton. There is no evidence of a breast eagle ever been sewn of the breast, but there are two holes in the jackets where a pin may have been used to secure the badge.

Comment

missing shoulder strap badge

Both shoulder straps show there is a missing insignia. The shape could be similar to a medical insignia or a winged bomb.

Comment

Very interesting! Any pictures of the inside??

Comment

KM CA jacket, inside

The inside is unlined and unlike any Heer or LW jacket I have seen. An unusual feature is a triangular flap at the rear of the neck. On the underside of the flap is a stamp of two numbers, 46 above 43.

Comment

Hello, nice corduroy jacket. I have a very similar one in tan color. IMO this is a green jacket for the blue uniform, not a KA officer tunic. The cut and style is from the white jacket, open collar, 4 buttons, 4 pockets with cetral pleats, false "French" cuffs, ...

By the shadow the career insignia on the shoulders seams to be for Administration (Verwaltungsoffizier) branch.
            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
              Hello, nice corduroy jacket. I have a very similar one in tan color. IMO this is a green jacket for the blue uniform, not a KA officer tunic. The cut and style is from the white jacket, open collar, 4 buttons, 4 pockets with cetral pleats, false "French" cuffs, ...

By the shadow the career insignia on the shoulders seams to be for Administration (Verwaltungsoffizier) branch.

Thanks Eduardo,
              I'll keep a look out for the career insignia of the Administration (Verwaltungsoffizier) Branch, and an eagle.
              Grant

Comment

Hi.

As Eduardo said, it is a green jacket for the blue uniform.
                Here is a picture of mine.

I think the shape on your shoulder boards looks like a winged bomb.

Best regards,
                André
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
                  Hi.

As Eduardo said, it is a green jacket for the blue uniform.
                  Here is a picture of mine.

I think the shape on your shoulder boards looks like a winged bomb.

Best regards,
                  André

André,
                  That is a very nice jacket set-up you have.

The top button hole on mine appears to be only decorative and serves no purpose, there is no corresponding button. Is this the same with others?

Comment

André, nice jacket my friend

I'm still thinking that the isignias is from Adminitration ...
                    Attached Files

Regards
                    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

Thanks Eduardo,
                      I have examined the shoulder straps more closely now, & the career insignia of the Administration (Verwaltungsoffizier) Branch, does appear to fit the fading the best, I will hunt some down.

Thanks for your assistance.
                      Grant

Comment

Question

H...IMO this is a green jacket for the blue uniform, not a KA officer tunic. .
                        What does this mean ? Was this worn with blue trousers and standard blue visor ? Or is it a summer tunic together with white pants and white cap ?
                        I would love to see a picture in wear.

BTW, a wonderful tunic...I am still looking for such cordura samples in white and brown...now I have to add "green"....

Regards
                        Christian

Comment

Answer ?

Hi,

can someone answer on this ? I would really like to know how this type of jacket was worn.

Thank you very much
                          Regards
                          Christian
                          Originally posted by compressore View Post
                          What does this mean ? Was this worn with blue trousers and standard blue visor ? Or is it a summer tunic together with white pants and white cap ?
                          I would love to see a picture in wear.

BTW, a wonderful tunic...I am still looking for such cord samples in white and brown...now I have to add "green"....

Regards
                          Christian

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                            Hi,

can someone answer on this ? I would really like to know how this type of jacket was worn.

Thank you very much
                            Regards
                            Christian
                            Hello Christian,

- White jacket (never seen in corduroy) with white trousers and in some configuration with blue, and white cap
                            - Brown and green jackets with blue trousers, never seen pictures with white trousers, and blue or white cap, white more with brown and bluie more with green

Best

Regards
                            Eduardo

Comment

Thanks

Hello Christian,

- White jacket (never seen in corduroy) with white trousers and in some configuration with blue, and white cap
                              - Brown and green jackets with blue trousers, never seen pictures with white trousers, and blue or white cap, white more with brown and bluie more with green

Best

Thanks, Eduardo !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X