Junghans Pocketwatch authentic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junghans Pocketwatch authentic?

Hello gentlemen, first of many posts here, so if I'm out of place, or have to do an intro thread, please advise and redirect.

Back to the item at hand here. So I picked up a Junghans watch the other day, sight unseen kind of deal, and I am unable to come up with any information on it. That means one of two things, fake, or really rare. Either way, as the story goes... "It was a pre-war pocket watch, converted during war time in WW2, where a US GI (Ray Muller, married a German woman Lotte), liberated it from a German, then brought back home", where it was purchased from an Estate sale. Seems feasible enough eh? The story is neat, but worthless if the watch is.

So do you guys have any input? ideas? Is this bad johnny real? Or was I taken for a 70 year old Kriegsmarine ride? The J38 movement looks real enough, but the case raises a few questions, but stranger things have happened during wartime.

Thanks Gents!

would like to help but unable to see your pictures

Comment

My apologies Glaserm the hyper links weren't working, these should though, thanks!

What I have been able to find since originally posting this (i've been hitting the books pretty hard)

J38 3 jewel movement is authentic dated 1927-193, and not exactly the most accurate for maritime use.

The case is a "ancre 3 rubis", three jewel Junghans/Astra case.

Face is questionable, but nothing verified, something about "third hand face"

Now, I know 100% that this is what they call a "frankenwatch" with a "frankenstory"which I don't really care about. If the piece it's self can be tied to the time, and loosly with the story, it's good enough to go on display with my WW2 Officers uniform.

If it's some post war fantasy Piece built with whatever parts on hand, then I'll probably just sell it, I'm not into repop, fake, or fantasy items.

Thanks again!
      Regards
      Marshall H.

Comment

complete fantasy piece from Ukraine

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X