KM Summer Breast Eagle ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Summer Breast Eagle ?????

This eagle is marked "A" not sure if it is a good one or not... thanks for any help.
    Van
    Attached Files

Not an expert so wait for other opinions but to me the design detail does correspond to what a second pattern Assmann summer eagle looks like and this variant does exist in solid and stamped configuration as well as an aluminum cloth mounted semi hollow version but the back hardware you show is different than my solid version. Unfortunately there are also fakes of this type available in gold or silver with all kinds of different hardware depending on source/price.

I have attached a few pictures. Top one in gold that I beleive is original is similar to yours (except for the hardware) . The specimen in silver was purchased from a US dealer (who guarantees that if you ever accidentally buy an original from him he will gladly refund you) for $20.00 just to compare . The front detail is actually sharper/better on the copy (as well as the maker's mark)but the metal and the hardware are very different. The last pict shows the massive and the KM cloth mounted aluminum version (also a known Assmann product) which looks closer in detail to the repro.

Hope this helps

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, any other thoughts,,, Thanks..
      Van

Comment

Hi

The first eagle in this thread is bad, sorry

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
          The first eagle in this thread is bad, sorry
          I have to agree. Clearly post-war hardware.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X