KM Brothel Jacket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Brothel Jacket!

Thought this was worth a giggle... http://ventura.craigslist.org/clo/4971659378.html
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Too funny...
      As "proof of authenticity" he put a black light "test" on YouTube...
      Describing the eagle as the "logo" of the garment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=-e4i3OR7jQ8

Comment

Nice of the brothel managers to supply branch-of-service robes for the customers. Wonder if this Craigslist guy knows Charlie Snyder.

Comment

Claims it was authenticated by The Collector's Guild, but offers no supporting evidence of that fact

Comment

It appears to be a standard work smock for female Naval auxiliaries. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
              It appears to be a standard work smock for female Naval auxiliaries. Jim
              Agree on this and therefore a piece not so often encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by Brig View Post
                Claims it was authenticated by The Collector's Guild, but offers no supporting evidence of that fact

No he claims the eagle was verified.
                Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

I am the buyer of this 'brothel jacket' after people confirmed it was Marinehelferin. I studied, and tried it on. There's no way this was made for a man. It's all fitted for a female. An interesting note, someone started sewing button holes in one section of the uniform. The work smocks had buttons.

Comment

Well, I learned something, interesting it's a real uniform, albeit not a brothel coat. But the story is still worth the giggle

Comment

Originally posted by MarineHelferin View Post
                      I am the buyer of this 'brothel jacket' after people confirmed it was Marinehelferin. I studied, and tried it on. There's no way this was made for a man. It's all fitted for a female. An interesting note, someone started sewing button holes in one section of the uniform. The work smocks had buttons.
                      Congrats! Good score now that we know what it really represents. I did like the eagle and its application all along but the story of what it represented was not making any sense...
                      Now its cleared up and properly identified! and it found a good home, right up your alley as Helferin collector!

Comment

Great piece. I figured you snagged it. I hope you'll provide me photos for the book.

Warm Regards Jim

Originally posted by MarineHelferin View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          As "proof of authenticity" he put a black light "test" on YouTube...
                          Describing the eagle as the "logo" of the garment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=-e4i3OR7jQ8
                          Just wondering, at 1 minute and 8 seconds into that video, isn't the size "2" tag lighting up brightly under black light?

Also, isn't size "2" and American convention -- I'd expect something like "32" or higher in Germany? Maybe it's not a size label?

Best regards,
                          ---Norm
                          Last edited by Norm F; 06-04-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I'm certain its the military sizing used on smocks, coats etc. where specific chest, collar etc measurements aren't necessary. Its usually denoted in Roman Numerals like I, II etc. Jim

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                            Just wondering, at 1 minute and 8 seconds into that video, isn't the size "2" tag lighting up brightly under black light?

Also, isn't size "2" and American convention -- I'd expect something like "32" or higher in Germany? Maybe it's not a size label?

Best regards,
                            ---Norm

Comment

Hi there!

I think that these nice girls is wearing the smock we're talking about…

Best,
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X