Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine morse signal lamp?

Hi,
    in your opinion is this a ww2 german morse signal lamp?
    Somebody saw me that this fabrik "Willy Ostermann - Hamburg 11" didn't made signal lamp during ww2. Is it really? In my opinion it is perfectly equal to ww2 lamp... What do you think?

Thank you very much

Partisan

1. Looks different from SW of the KM
    2. Color is not KM
    3. No military markings, no three digit manufacturing
    codes
    4. I do know Ostermann sales brochures only after 45

IMHO not KM but postwar

Regards
    Christian
    Last edited by compressore; 03-22-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks compressore,
      I understand what you say, but but I'm not still sure, because:

1. there aren't difference from MSW of KM!! Please can you tell wich are the difference?
      2.color? I have saw (in museum also) white, red and black, repaint after war...
      3. on the plate there 3 serial number (do you mean that?)
      4. Ostermann : I don' t know, I din't have info about this fabrik

Thanks

partisan

Comment

Esw

The KM Scheinwefer named Einheitsscheinwerfer "ESW" and nor MSW as on your sample.
        The KM ESW has a different backplate for different lighting as well as written on the front "oben"
        Yours have an orginal burned in color, which is not KM. Its not overpainted.
        During the war, companies had used a 3 digit code instead of their orginal company name.
        I have attached some pics of an ESW for comparision.
        So I doubt your is a KM one.

Regards
        Christian
        Attached Files
        Last edited by compressore; 03-22-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

pics

I took quickly some pics from the net as mine is still in Germany....hope his helps.
          Regards
          Christian
          Attached Files

Comment

I really appreciate your help!
            But I think you can not see the switch (like in your lamp) because there is a cap that your lamp has not... You can see here 2 signal lamp with a closure like mine!

This is mine, You also can se the original black color of the cap under the yellow color:

I need to know the difference from type ESW and type MSW... can you help me?

Thanks
            partisam

Comment

You also says that an other difference is the mark "OBEN" in your lamp, but
              if you see better my lamp, it has write "OBEN" see this 2 images...

partisan

Comment

... again... the 3 digit code was used during war, but the lamp product before the war have name of fabrik...

partisan

Comment

No more idea? Please, can somebody says if the fabrik Willy Ostermann exist before 1945? Somebody has instruments, lamps etc. etc. by Ostermann and dated before 1945?

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Partisan

Comment

Hi Partisan,
                    After your postings, I checked old adress books from Hamburg and company Osterman existed before and after 45 under the same address.
                    I am still in the opinion that this lamp is not KM because of color and void of any KM markings...
                    But now after your more pics I must admit that the type is the same.
                    So questions now: Did the KM purchase civil produced lamps in this color?
                    Did they used them under the civil markings and name MSW?
                    I do not have the answer on this.
                    Regards
                    Christian

Comment

Hi compressore,
                      you have helped me very much, thank you! I'm afraid that the question is without answer.
                      I have many doubts, but I have a certainty (thanks to you) is that the Osterman already existed before 45.
                      I will continue my research...
                      Thank you
                      partisan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X