KM EM cap eagles on a strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM EM cap eagles on a strip

Hello all I picked up this strip of eagles a while back and want to get opinions before I sell them on the E-stand. I was pretty sure they were original and just need confirmation.
    Thanks in advance,

Mike
    Attached Files

Sure they are not breast eagles? I tried to magnify, but not sure they look like 4 feather cap eagles.

Any chance for a close up of the front please, or what is the measurement from blue wing tip to wing tip? That will help.

-Ray-

Comment

Ray,

Thanks for looking at them. I will get you the info and close up for you later this evening.

thanks ,Mike
      Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
      Sure they are not breast eagles? I tried to magnify, but not sure they look like 4 feather cap eagles.

Any chance for a close up of the front please, or what is the measurement from blue wing tip to wing tip? That will help.

-Ray-

Comment

Ray,

Right at 3 5/8" from wingtip to wingtip. As for them being cap eagles, I was just guessing as they looked a tad smaller than the chest eagles I have seen.

Thanks, Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

They are breast eagles. I have never seen a cap eagle in this patter/style.

These eagles are controversial in the collecting community. So far there hasn't been seen any of this pattern in a period photo. Some claim they are reproduction. I believe that they are original due to the construction of the pieces.

Fred

Comment

Thanks Fred for the comments.

Good to know that they are Breast eagles. I did a bit of looking thru the forums and the backsides looks like the originals posted in other threads and it makes sense that I did not see these exact eagles since there are two schools of thought on originality.
            Since I am not a collector of breast eagles my opinion has no weight other than the fact that the cloth is old and has similar "smell" to that of other cloth in my collection.

Thanks, again. Mike

Comment

Thanks for posting the conclusive photo. As I suspected, breast eagles, cannot comment if original. for sure. Bevo material should be thin and you can almost see through it. Fake Bevo material is normally much firmer/thicker if you have another bevo insigne you can compare too this may help out

-Ray-

Comment

Well they are as you describe and the bevo looks very much, if not exactly like a bevo insignia I bought last year from Paul Von.

Mike

Comment

Hello,

The keys are a twist in the thread and reverse construction. So far no faker has accomplished both yet.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
                    Hello,

The keys are a twist in the thread and reverse construction. So far no faker has accomplished both yet.

Fred
                    That's some good intel, was never aware of this trait, but I know what you mean.

-Ray-

Comment

Fred and Ray thank you both for your time and information. I appreciate it!

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X