BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KM Zerstörerflottille Mützenbänder complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Zerstörerflottille Mützenbänder complete!

On the last day of December I've finally managed to gather all Kriegsmarine Mützenbänder which belonged to the first 22 destroyers that were given their individual names

A nice ending of a nice year - wish you all a Happy New Year!

Mvh. AH
    Attached Files

The last ones
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Collection Arne H T!

Kan du vise bilder av disse i bruk.Please show this in wear.

Merry Xmas,Morten.

Comment

Thanks for your nice words Morten - and a Merry Christmas to you as well ! I guess that you too have got some nice additions to your collection

I have photos of many of these Mützenbänder in use, but its a nightmare compiling these into one thread. Its nearly material enough for assisting a reference book on KM Mützenbänder so perhaps I'll await any future assistance to those who have plans of making such a reference book

Best regards AH

Comment

Originally posted by A.H. Thomassen View Post
          Thanks for your nice words Morten - and a Merry Christmas to you as well ! I guess that you too have got some nice additions to your collection

I have photos of many of these Mützenbänder in use, but its a nightmare compiling these into one thread. Its nearly material enough for assisting a reference book on KM Mützenbänder so perhaps I'll await any future assistance to those who have plans of making such a reference book

Best regards AH
          Hello AH!

Thanks for quick replay.I hope you have plan of Making a very big KM book of KM in Norway? Please wised me when you have time!

Happy new year,Morten.

Comment

Congrats my friend,very very nice
            Only two left for me before I'm done with all 22 destroyer tallys .

Regards
            Mattias

Comment

Congrats for your last Zestörer tally
              How long did you take getting the whole collection
              At the moment I got complete the 3 PANZERSCHIFFE...
              May be one day I should go for the first Zestörer,but the prob is than I,m not focused only in km tallies and then...

Happy new year from Spain
              Fernando

Comment

Thanks for your nice words my friends Mattias and Fernando.

I'm convinced that in a short time Mattias you aswell will bring the last 2 Mützenbänder safe back in port - you're so close now my dear friend so stop messing about and just grab those 2 missing

Regarding the time-frame collecting all 22 Zerstörers... Well, I began some 5 years ago collecting at first the 10-Narvik-related Mützenbänder, and when I some how managed to get hold of the (in-)famous Zerstörer Anton Schmitt I knew I was on a winning strike. After first finishing the Narvik-Bänder the missing Bänder were really easy-peasy

Its not that I've spent every second the last 5 years hunting these Mützenbänder down - for those that know me you will know my other interests in collecting Kriegsmarine. I guess this can be transfered to almost everything - first bite then you're hooked regardless of how much time and awaiting you'll spend hunting down whatever you want for your collection

Mvh. AH

Comment

Congratulations on a daunting journey

Greetings,
                  A hearty congratulations to you. This is not an easy task, it still eludes me. I am still missing the final Zerstörer Anton Schmitt to complete my collection, if you happen to see one, I would appreciate the heads-up.
                  The Narvik participated destroyers are indeed the hardest to find. I knew it wouldn't take too long after gathering those ten before you would have to sweep the fleet.

So, when are you going to collect the large vessel surface fleet, or start tackling the Unterseebootsflottille?

I am happy for your successes and just a little green with envy.

Best Regards,
                  JustinG

Comment

What an amazing collection..... Congratulations!

You have to find a way to display them together.

Bob

Comment

Hej Norge, congrats on collecting all the Zerstörers!

I'm a couple of mützenbands away from completing the kreuzers and the torpedoboote and -flotille but like Fernando other things get in the way, so....

Anyway, a happy new year to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                        I am still missing the final Zerstörer Anton Schmitt to complete my collection, if you happen to see one, I would appreciate the heads-up.
                        Thanks for the warm words Justin; and of course I'll surely be on the look-out for the AS-Mützenband.

I'm thinking of gathering the Mützenbänder of those ships who were enganged in Operation Weserübung - I'm just missing 14 so it shouldn't be such a difficult task gathering these.

Best regards from AH

Comment

Thanks for keeping an eye out for the AS Mütze!

It will be interesting and best of luck. The other two I am really hoping to collect are the Schnellbootsbeglietschiff Tsingtau, which I know exists but have not ever come across. Which also was in the Wesserübung and the Unterseebootstender Mosel, which didn't take part but is my last for the U-boat collection.

I wish you the best with that collecting journey. It is fun isn't it? It is ever addictive and costly. Sometimes you come across a gem though and it reminds you how much we enjoy this hobby.

Best of luck.

Regards,
                          JustinG

Comment

Congrats are hard fleet to complete!

Regards,
                            JustinC

Comment

Congrats! Awesome collection!!! Especially like those faded, well worn ones.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X