The Frock Coat and Badges of Vizeadmiral Bernhard Rogge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Frock Coat and Badges of Vizeadmiral Bernhard Rogge

I finally got this out of the closet and put it on display in my collection room, so I thought I'd post a couple pictures.

Vizeadmiral Bernhard Rogge, he had many different assignments, but made his mark as captain of the famous Auxiliary Cruiser Atlantis.

The Frock Coat is his, as are all of the badges and ribbons, except for the High Seas Fleet badge. It was missing, so I have replaced with a nice example, but it's not his. The Knights Cross & Oakleaves are reproductions.

And for the badge collectors out there, yes, his Auxiliary Cruiser badge is a nice unmarked Juncker.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

A very impressive display!

These festooned Kriegsmarine frocks are always a pleasure to see!

Mark

Comment

Great frock coat to a famous officer- super !
        A lot of history behind this piece, that's what I like most.

Regards
        Christian

Comment

WOW!

I wander, a regain hook on a dagger hanger, was it hooked like that usually, or you have just put it there because you thought it looks good.

Comment

Wonderful! The KM truly had the best outerwear.

Would love to see a cap on there too.
            Last edited by Adam S.; 12-10-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

MLH13 - Thanks Mark. Hopefully you are able to make it to my house next spring when I host our group so you can see it in person.

compressore - Thanks. I agree, it's all about the history for me, without it I would not collect.

amiklic1 - Thanks. No the retaining hook must have gotten caught there when I was moving the belt around to position it on the coat. I did not notice it until after I posted the pictures.

Adam S. - Someday I may add an admiral's cap and then set up a full mannequin using his pants as well, but it would not be his cap, so maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                MLH13 - Thanks Mark. Hopefully you are able to make it to my house next spring when I host our group so you can see it in person.

compressore - Thanks. I agree, it's all about the history for me, without it I would not collect.

amiklic1 - Thanks. No the retaining hook must have gotten caught there when I was moving the belt around to position it on the coat. I did not notice it until after I posted the pictures.

Adam S. - Someday I may add an admiral's cap and then set up a full mannequin using his pants as well, but it would not be his cap, so maybe not.

John.....I'll be there!

Comment

fantastic

Comment

Thanks for posting pics of this fantastic frock coat.

regards,
                    André

Comment

A real treat to see this frock from such a dynamic personality. I read his autobiography a few times.
                      Any chance to fill us in on other portions of your display please, ie. that hatch plate in the background.

Thanks for sharing.

-Ray-

Comment

Thanks guys! This small grouping is definitely one of the top 10 pieces in my collection, maybe even in the top 3.

Ray, I have added a link in my signature to an old thread on my collection, although it has grown quite a bit since then, including the vehicle door you are referring to in the picture (not a hatch unfortunately). I will try to add a few pictures to the thread this weekend.

Comment

Outstanding piece, and terrific display, thanks for sharing!!

Comment

John, amazing uniform, no doubts that this one should be one of your top 3 pieces
                            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X