KM Kapitän z See five buttons named Reefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Kapitän z See five buttons named Reefer

Hi fellow KM collectors. I have this nice reefer in my Collection and i have two questions for you all. Five buttons, is that more often seen in early reefer jackets? I have seen five button ones on photos and they are all before/around 1940?

Can anyone identify the name and person? Kaldeney? Kaldevey??

Thanks in advance,
    Petrus
    Attached Files

Name

Thanks to Peter and Hasse at Military Antiques for taking the photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Petrus, nice and rare reefer, this style with 5 buttoned buttons is very unusual as you know and seen rarely. Is a style that came from the Reichmarine period, so I agree that s seen only in early pre-war or in first war years jackets.

I have not found any reference to that owner name in any of my rank list. I also have to say that the label with the last name embroidered in red is very unusual for an officer garment.
      Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Initially I can find reference to only two Kaldewey.

Oblt.z.S. Harald Kaldewey U-1192
        Kptl.z.S. Kaldewey S-52

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Reefer

Thanks Eduardo and Ian for your answers! The feeling i have is that this reefer is totally untouched and therefore my belief is that the name label is original, even though i agree that it is uncommon. The reefer have no medal loops at all and is only lightly worn in super early war quality. My guess is that this Kapitän zur See was so old that he maybe left the KM Before the war? And therefore does not turn up in war lists? If Kaldewey is the right name the ones Ian found could be his sons or relatives (which was not at all uncommon those days) I have searched this for a long time but no luck...

Thanks again,
          Petrus

Comment

I read more Kaldeney ? And that's the name used for the sale ...
            Nick

Comment

Here's the uniform to Vizeadmiral Kaldeney! Still not found him my references.......

http://www.rockislandauction.com/vie...id/54/lid/3467

/Ian
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X