Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Tunic?

Hello Guys.

Is this a kriegsmarine tunic with removed pocket covers?

Thanks for all answers!

Nobody knows about it?

Comment

Based on reinforcement on top of the lower pockets, I wouldn't say the pocket covers on that iece were removed.

It has some similar details with KM piece, but I wouldn't consider purchase, based on what I see and on known originals.

Maybe you can post more photos, so we can look into it a bit deeply.

Comment

SOme more pictures could be very helpful...

Comment

I would expect to see pleats on the lower pockets and false French cuffs. Are the pocket corners rounded or square cut.There should be a fifth button spaced a little higher right?

-Ray-

Comment

Bottom pockets

Top of bottom pockets look just like a tunic I posted a few days ago? The one I posted belonged to a friend . Don't know where he got it or when

Comment

I know that kriegsmarine HBT tunics do exist with flapped chest pockets and "unflapped" skirt pockets,
              so it did happen in the KM, but this appears to be a cotton jacket...
              I will try to post a picture of mine later. So that's a lesser concern...I do also prefer seeing pocket corners that are much more angled...a KM trait...
              The buttons also appear to be peacoat, overcoat size....22-24mm? So are the button slits that large?
              That would be a red flag...foreign uniform indication perhaps?
              Buttons removable? These don't appear to be around 19/20mm or so...The smaller type would be the norm for such KM uniforms...does not appear to me the case...more detailed photos available?
              Stamps/markings?
              Last edited by NickG; 11-26-2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                I do also prefer seeing pocket corners that are much more angled...a KM trait...
                Agree for clarification this is what i'm actually implying as well when I quote square cut corners.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                  I know that kriegsmarine HBT tunics do exist with flapped chest pockets and "unflapped" skirt pockets,
                  See here (link), an earlier model with stand-up collar. I have a later style with regular collar, same pocket configuration!

http://www.stewartsmilitaryantiques....itary-antiques

Comment

It would be great to post pictures instead of links that disappear...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X