BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frock coat questions and picture request...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frock coat questions and picture request...

Hello Gentlemen,

I have a few questions regarding Frock Coats that I am hoping you can help me with:

1) Were frock coats only worn with the white topped visor, or was the blue visor worn with them as well?

2) When would a frock coat be worn in conjunction with a Fore & Aft hat instead of a visor?

3) What ranks were authorized to wear a Fore & Aft hat with the frock coat?

4) Were frock coats still worn by some officers after the end of 1939 when they were supposed to be replaced by the Reefer Jacket?

5) What determined if a from coat was to be worn with regular shoulder boards, or with the full dress epaulettes?

Also, if you have pictures of frock coats being worn, please post them here so we can create a reference thread.

Hello,

let me try to answer this, information out of various ressources. Others please step in if I mis-interpeted something.

1. Were frock coats only worn with the white topped visor, or was the blue visor worn with them as well?
    Worn with blue and white visors, depending on the season.

2) When would a frock coat be worn in conjunction with a Fore & Aft hat instead of a visor?
    When the frock coat was worn as "Grosse Unifrom" I do not have the right english expression. It is not "parade dress" !.
    Ordered dress for special occasions like visits to foreign countires, official funerals of state-members and special private occasions like weddings...all occasions where the "parade dress" was not deemed as enough representative

3) What ranks were authorized to wear a Fore & Aft hat with the frock coat?
    All officer ranks and senior offcier candidates (Oberfaehnriche)

4) Were frock coats still worn by some officers after the end of 1939 when they were supposed to be replaced by the Reefer Jacket?
    Yes, as shown by photos and also by the fact that froack coats were "promoted" during time of war...

5) What determined if a from coat was to be worn with regular shoulder boards, or with the full dress epaulettes?
    Epaulettes only for the "Grosse Uniform", shoulderboards for all other occasions.

Regards
    Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian, that helps me understand the frock coat better.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X