Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with differents km summer tunics

Dear Gents

Recently I purchased a Km summer tunic and I can see there were differents types:1)WITH BUTTON HOLE:see Fred,s tunic below.....

subir fotos gratis

2)NO HOLE:see mine below

subir foto

Well I was said than those with holes were conform km regulations and without hole weren,t made conform the regulations and it depends about the maker.
    Could any of you tell me if this question have been discussed before in another thread in WAF and on the other hand could you post pics from those km officers wearing both examples of tunics or tell me if there is another old thread where I can see these pics

Thanks for comments

Fernando

That's a faux button hole that has to do with Boutonniere style and traditional tailors fashion for affixing a flower etc. I believe it would also be for a Watch Officers badge.There is a thread here if I can find it, I asked the same question once regarding a summer weight KM tunic I have.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
      That's a faux button hole that has to do with Boutonniere style. There is a thread here if I can find it, I asked the same question once regarding a summer weight KM tunic I have.

-Ray-
      Hi Ray

May be you can find this thread you talk about it while I hope the experts commenta and perhaps someone light us with km officers wearing the 2 types of Km tunics
      Fernando

Comment

Originally posted by L11-VELASCO View Post
        Hi Ray

May be you can find this thread you talk about it while I hope the experts commenta and perhaps someone light us with km officers wearing the 2 types of Km tunics
        Fernando
        Currently attempting to exhume that thread with zippo results so far.

I do recall as I quoted from my comments resigning from that thread to the effect that it serves no purpose other than strictly for a fashion statement.

-Ray-

Comment

While not the best, here is a photo of a Watch Officer Badge being worn on the White Tunic. You can see that it is in the lapel, so makes sense for the hole to be on the first tunic.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok Kondor and then your pic why there were summer tunics with and without hole(they could not put watch officer badge on it and so?)
            Please could you or someone post a officer pic with tunic without hole

And finally are both types so commons
            Thanks
            Fernando

Comment

In Angolia KM books, volume I is a white tunic for Putkammer, without button hole.

Comment

Here are two from my collection, the second used by Independent state of Croatia Navy, both with button hole.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                  In Angolia KM books, volume I is a white tunic for Putkammer, without button hole.
                  Hi
                  Please I don't have such Angolia book,can you post this pic you comment
                  And you (Amiklic)what do you think about these differences hole and no button hole,what is the explanation,may be the maker?

Thanks
                  Fernando

Comment

I like both tunics, with and without lapel buttonhole.

Comment

Here also one without lapel buttonhole:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...e+summer+tunic

Comment

Official or not.....

According to the german version Angolia/Schlicht Kriegmarine, the version with buttonhole is the official one.
                        I have no doubt that versions without buttonhole are period made and are genuine ones. So Fernando, no questions about your tunic, it is a nice one, comming out of an good gouping.

Here a pic of Putkammers white tunic, without button hole.

There are so many examples of differences in styles, cloth, appaerance.....many times based on taste of the owner, skill of tailor, location were it was made etc.

Regards
                        Christian
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by compressore; 11-14-2014, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Is this photo from a book? Mine is black/white ;-).

Comment

Web

mine too :-)
                            the Putkammer pic is from the net (so no infringement), out of an old US publication, but same tunic.

As I searched the net for pics, I found this one...I like it very much..
                            Note that Endrass is not wearing his U-Boat badge, Topp does.
                            Topp also wears the white tunic of the old style, Endrass the new style.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks to you friends than kindly posted pics and comments and light me to get more knowledge about summer tunics

Finally Christian:I can see in Putkammer,s tunic pic than breast eagle is a piece of cloth and so I wonder, if are both breast eagle type(metal and cloth) conforms regulations for summer tunic

you did a great job

Fernando

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X