Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boat stop watch

Hello all,

I was thinking about buying this one for my personal collection. The seller wants $650 for it and I know nothing about them. Is this a fair price to pay and does this one appear to be authentic?

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

KM Stop Watch

Looks ok, but I will check my ref and get back. Price is high for a damaged dial
      however there are skilled enamel restorers who can make the damage invisible. Its the movement you need to have checked by a professional horologist. BEFORE YOU BUY.
      If you want to spend the money.
      German military time pieces are all faked spoiling it for the collector.

Comment

hello , for me the engraving looks not good

Comment

I have a question- Is the number indicative of a particular KM U-Boat? I notice that most KM marked objects are described as U-Boat items. just curious.
          -t

Comment

Only sure way to quickly move a piece of navy gear from any country - but yes, stop watches were an integral part of U-Boat operations so are logically "associated" with them. Number is a contract number?

Comment

I am not 100% sure and no expert with these but the eagle looks a little poor for me.

Comment

Originally posted by checkit View Post
                Only sure way to quickly move a piece of navy gear from any country - but yes, stop watches were an integral part of U-Boat operations so are logically "associated" with them. Number is a contract number?
                On every surface ship, even today, stopwatches are kept on the bridge for use in celestial navigation. What you do is synch the sweep hand with the corrected chronometer, and take the stopwatch on the bridge wing with you when you do your observations. They are used in the same way for terrestrial observations. I would say it is realistic to assume at least four stopwatches on each ship. Of course on a Uboat, they would be used for the same navigational purpose, as well as the stereotyped torpedo use. that being said, I would still like to know how this item can be called a "U-boat stop watch".

Comment

Kriegsmarine stopwatch

original stopwatch and original engravings

Comment

Very nice original piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X