Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need further investigation help on a KM officer

Hi.

I have had a uniform grouping for some years now that has belonged to Dr. Georg Eule. I got really good help from Pierce F. who found out where Dr. Eule served before WWII and what awards he got. He also made a picture of the feldspange that Dr. Eule would have had. I'm hoping that anyone can find out where he served during WWII and what awards he got? The reefer has loops for 2 badges and loops for a feldspange. The frock coat has loops for a feldspange and a hole for a screw back badge.

I hope I can finally close the case on Dr. Eule.

Best regards,
    André
    Attached Files

The loops for badges and feldspange on the reefer and the frock coat
    Attached Files

Comment

The name tag
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is Eule's entry in the 1914 Naval Ranklist.

From this we can see he entered the navy on 1 April 1909, and was promoted to Marine-Unterarzte on 1 March 1914.
        Attached Files

Comment

Next is his entry in the 1918 Navy Ranklist.

He obtained the rank of Marine-Oberassistenzarzte on 17 December 1916. This rank is the equivalent of Oberleutnant zur See.

His awards:
          -Prussian Iron Cross 2.Kl.
          -Saxon Albert Cross 2.Kl.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is his entry in the 1930 Navy Honour Ranklist.

This tells us a number of things:

Dr. Georg Eule
            Born 7 December 1889

Also given is where he served during the War.

He then retired on 17 January 1919, was then given the higher (but honorary) rank of a "char. Marine-Stabsarzte" on 30 October 1919, and this was back-dated to his retirement date of 17 January 1919.
            Attached Files

Comment

Pierce F finally told me this:

I checked the 1936, 1938, and 1944 Navy Ranklists and he does not appear in any of them. I assume he didn't join the Kriegsmarine until 1939, and was perhaps killed or died before the 1944 book was printed.

Here is a computer mock-up of what his ribbon bar would have looked like circa. 1939. I think a 5-place ribbon bar would fit nicely on this tunic. It is likely that he would have been awarded the KVK2 during the War.
              Attached Files

Comment

Research

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
                Pierce F finally told me this:

I checked the 1936, 1938, and 1944 Navy Ranklists and he does not appear in any of them. I assume he didn't join the Kriegsmarine until 1939, and was perhaps killed or died before the 1944 book was printed.
                Ranklists only lists active "professional" officers. Not listed are reserve officers, reactivated ones etc.

Unfortunately also Lohman/Hillebrandt does not list him.
                For the medal bar the only certain thing is what is listed, the rest is a guess as long as you do not get his personal files.
                For the service awards, you need to know when he joinded the KM back as active officer because as far as I know "inactive" time has not counted for the award.
                But of course if you are fine with this uncertaity (as I would), your prosoed spange looks fine. You can give him a KVK I. class too.

A nice reefer.

But please answer me one question:

Why do you split the group ? Why selling the coat alone and not the group together ? Investing so much time in "identifying" him is in my view much in contradiction of splitting. History will be lost.....

Regards
                Christian

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                  Ranklists only lists active "professional" officers. Not listed are reserve officers, reactivated ones etc.

Unfortunately also Lohman/Hillebrandt does not list him.
                  For the medal bar the only certain thing is what is listed, the rest is a guess as long as you do not get his personal files.
                  For the service awards, you need to know when he joinded the KM back as active officer because as far as I know "inactive" time has not counted for the award.
                  But of course if you are fine with this uncertaity (as I would), your prosoed spange looks fine. You can give him a KVK I. class too.

A nice reefer.

But please answer me one question:

Why do you split the group ? Why selling the coat alone and not the group together ? Investing so much time in "identifying" him is in my view much in contradiction of splitting. History will be lost.....

Regards
                  Christian
                  Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate that you tried to look him up. I don't have any of the ranking lists or any other types of archives that I can search in so this is of much help.

I am really happy with what I know so far, but it would be nice to actually know where he served during the war. unfortunately I don't have any personal papers for this person and that is why I posted this thread on the forum. If I'm lucky, someone has seen the name in some papers or know anything about him. Maybe some award documents, pictures, soldbuch, etc.

Regarding your question why I have splitted up the group:
                  I have thought about removing the greatcoat from the e-stand and maybe sell the entire grouping as a lot. I had a plan regarding why I wanted to sell the greatcoat, but the plan has changed. Even though I had sold the greatcoat from the grouping, don't make me not want to investigate this person. I can't see that investigating is a waste of time as long as the greatcoat is not in the grouping. I agree with you that splitting up lots like this is not a good thing to do, but I don't see that in this particularly case any history would be lost. The problem is, and that's why I have started this thread, it seems like only 50% of the history about him is available from archives. I'm not trying to make history to be lost by selling the greatcoat, but adding more facts to the history by spending time investigating.

Best regards,
                  André

Comment

Andre,
                    You are kind of lucky to as you have at least some data about him.
                    I have a named Kaleu reefer plus trouser and I do not find anything about the person.
                    Unfortunately german data protection laws make personal files in the main archives inaccessible to private researchers.
                    Regards
                    Christian

Comment

Further Investigation KM Officer..

You may be able to find some information here: Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) . I was lucky enough a track a Dr. Euteneuer, Max. I have his reefer jacket. Just state that you're doing historical research and should not have any problems. Hope this helps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X