KM white tunic shoulder boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM white tunic shoulder boards

Could someone please tell me what the correct shoulder board color is for the white summer tunic. I thought that I read somewhere that they are supposed to be white up till 1937. And after 1937 they could be blue instead of the white. Is this correct? Thank you for the help......

I thought these always had to be white, matching the uniform.
    I have never seen period images of white KM tunics with blue backed officer boards...

Comment

Thank you NickG.

Comment

On the subject of boards for white KM tunic. I managed to pick one up, stripped of all the insignia and slowly planning to restore it. I always kinda liked the wide- five pointed boards of the petty officers (like Stabsoberbootsman or fanrich), and was wondering if I can put them on the tunic. Has anyone ever seen the white tunic with such boards in wear? If so, how common was this?

The type of boards i have in mind:

Comment

Askold. It is hard to find good period pictures of the white tunic in wear. You might want to check out this link I found here on the forum. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=584343&page=2

Comment

Seems like every time there will eventually be some photographic evidence appear.

-Ray-

Comment

I posted this picture of what I believe is a KM Sanitater wearing the Wachoffizier badge on his white tunic, however you can see that he is wearing blue boards with the white tunic. While I have blues and greens in the collection, I only have one set of Technical Officers boards in white.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice pictures Kondor. I see the blue boards so what gives? Is it blue back for nco's and white for officers?

Comment

Angolia

Angolia/Schlicht states:
                  For Officers white backing permitted for summer tunics, since mid 1938 a must.
                  So before mid 1938, normal shoulderboards will work, after white backing are by regulation.
                  For NCOs, the normal blue backing is fine.
                  Regards
                  Christian

Comment

Got it..... Thank you Christian.......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X