Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torpedo Dept indicator recorder and testers

Hello,
    I bought these 2 german Torpedo testing tools. 1 is dated 1942. They were used to test and record the depth of a torpedo, on a paper roll.
    I am posting the links for now, because I haven't been able to complete my membership again.

I want to to keep a and 1. They are perhaps nice to see for other collectors.

1 is in mostly working condition. All the parts work when you wind it. Someone made a display around it, to protect the parts.

Can someone tell me where these were inserted in the torpedo head?
    Both are different, with different Instrument Numbers , but they seem to have the same purpose . Can someone explain that?

They are marked:
    - Instrument nR. 41
    and maker from Hannover and 1942

- T E K Nr. 398 and Kriegsmarine marking.

Thanks!

Other one:

Last edited by German_military; 08-05-2014, 07:47 AM.

Originally posted by German_military View Post
    I bought these 2 german Torpedo testing tools. 1 is dated 1942. They were used to test and record the depth of a torpedo, on a paper roll.
    It's a depth and roll recorder: Recording both the depth (by hydrostatic pressure) and roll-angle (by a pendolum).

Can someone tell me where these were inserted in the torpedo head?
    There were two pockets in the exersicehead (type 1210 and 1215): One for the karbide-smoke generator, and one for use with either a lamp or a depth/roll recorder (I can't post photos here, sorry).

Both are different, with different Instrument Numbers , but they seem to have the same purpose . Can someone explain that?
    I'm not sure, but I know they had different types of instruments - including a "recorder pistol" mounted in the nose.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X