...a few navy birds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...a few navy birds...

From the same lot as the Heer insignia I just posted, came these three KM birs, two appear tropical, though I'm not quite sure about the gold one on the white rayon background as regards its particular application. A few pix below...
    Attached Files

Can anyone enlighten me as to the gilt eagle on white background (the top one), as regards its application? Is this for naval administration, perhaps? Thank you.

Comment

Hello Milton,

To me the gold on white eagle is a reproduction. I do not care for the construction of the reverse. It is made unlike any BeVo eagle I have ever seen. The small gold on green eagle has been a discussed eagle for a long time. Some like it some do not. I love the gold on tan eagle. I sold a breast eagle like that not to long ago. I have seen these in this color and Gold on blue.

Fred

Comment

Gold and brown eagle

Hi,
        I have similar eagles in my collection, one is brownish on white and the other one yellow on white.
        Still I am puzzled about the usage (or that they are genuine).

Fred, yes. The reverse of the golden/yellow one looks not like any BeVo I have.

Any information is appreciated
        Thanks
        Christian
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Christian,

The top eagle that you posted is a known fake. The second is also a reproduction in my opinion.

Fred

Comment

Thanks gents. It's entirely possible, as I can't quite figure it out either (the gold on white bird). The gilt on green I chalked up as being KM/ Coastal Artillery type, but I feel that the bottom - most one (gilt on tan base), is probably ok. These were in a much larger lot of mixed original and replica cloth. Thanks for the opinions thus far.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X