X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leutnant reefer for review

Hello all,

Please opinion on this reefer.
    Personally I like it and I dont see any red flags but Yours knowledge and opinions are always very helpful.

Thank You for looking, Rob

Perfect one.

Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
      Perfect one.

Agree, also like the desirable CTD buttons and award loops.

-Ray-

Comment

Hello, agree also, nice reefer in great condition. Not sure about the award loops, post-war made?
        Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
        Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Thank You guys for all inputs.

About loops awards - its always a poem. I have some heer/lw tunics (some of them with provenance - known soldiers awards) and there isnt imo any steel rule.

Here is better pic. They looks good to me - I prefer damaged and used threads than minty and clear. UV test of course negative.

Once again thank You for all!

Best, Rob

Last edited by Oscar; 07-09-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I think it looks OK, but pictures are only pictures and sometimes you need to hold the item in your hand, to be able to judge. In this case I can´t see anything alarming though.

Comment

looks good

Comment

i like it, should be OK

Comment

Nice

Comment

Hi,

I like this reefer too, looks very nice !

Christian

Comment

discovery

Hello,

I would like to show You my discovery.

So, after I get reefer in hands I found in pocket name tag (seller didnt mentioned about that). With help of members - thank You Johnny, Bob, Chris and Pauke - we deciphered name of owner.

Comment

I wrote email to U-Boat Museum in Cuxhaven with name tag...they also deciphered nametag with the same result and finally I have info about my reefers owner.

Its Hans Reese, born on 22 January 1920 at Köritz. As you can see from his CV in the attachment, he joined the Kriegsmarine in 1938 and further the U-Boat service in 1941. He sailed on U-143 and U-652, to eventually serve on U-529, where he was killed in action with the entire crew at sea on 13 March 1943. He was the Chief Engineer on U-529.

This guy served on Schleswig-Holstein at the start of war in Poland!?! and on famous Admiral Hipper cruiser!!!

I'm very happy to have in hands this piece of history.

Would like to thank You for all help, knowledge and time... You are okay!

Best, Rob

Comment

A sincere connection from beyond the watery grave. I must assert the historical provenance and respects are much more valuable than the an item itself.

You made a good move, a very accurate and prestigious collectible you now have that you can honestly display with awards and true pride.

-Ray-

Comment

very good

Comment

Very well done! Nice reefer with history behind it. I love such items.

Regards
                              Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X