Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on some cap tallies

Hi.

I have some cap tallies that are cut, and I need your opinions on what a fair asking price for these will be since non of them are in full lenght. I know the price for them if they wore in full lenght, but that doesn't help me much.

Best regards,
    André
    Attached Files

backside
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, tough question. These are rather common so 50-60 euro perhaps....?

Congrats btw with the 200 years anniversary! We miss you guys, come back home

Comment

Originally posted by Frank K View Post
        Well, tough question. These are rather common so 50-60 euro perhaps....?

Are you making a joke 50-60 euros in this condition i think 15 euros is more then enough

Comment

Here are some more for sale but complete ( uncut)...
          See asking price...Frank's price is more in line with intact tallies....( other estimate too low in my view...
          Value perhaps half of that...I would say in between the low and high etimate...

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Krieg...KM3Talley.html

Last edited by NickG; 05-25-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            Frank's price is more in line with intact tallies.
            If I can get these four in full length for 50-60 euro I'll take them instantly

Anyway, you have a point so 30-35 euro perhaps is more realistic.

Comment

Thank you for your opinions guys. I really appreciate it!

Weitze's prizes of these in full lenght:
              Unterseebootsschule EUR 130,-
              1. Geleitflottille.1. EUR 45,-
              1. Schiffsstammabteilung 1. EUR 20,-
              Kriegsmarine EUR 40,-

should I consider 30% or 50% reduction, or even less then that?
              I guess they wore cut to fit in a photoalbum or something like that.

Best regards,
              André
              Last edited by NOR_collector; 05-26-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

None of these are rare and none of these deserve that high of a price. You are free to price them at your own. The Kriegsmarine has obvious traces of glue to it, further reducing the value. The Unterseebootschule is cut very close to the letters which make for a difficult display if someone wanted to put in a picture frame or other display. There is no shortage of the Schiffsstammabteilung tallies, especaially for the lower numbers.

It depends on how fast you are hoping to sell these. You might be more fortunate to liquidate if you offer an individual price and then a reduced price (maybe taking off the cost of the Kriegsmarine or Schiffsstamabeilung or both to take the grouping; as I said, it depends on how quickly you are hoping to sell this.

As an avid collector of tallies, it always amazes me when I see fellow collectors who post items that are pretty rare and desirable units and they sit on the forum estand with hardly a nibble. Kind of sad. This is an incredible area to collect and very exciting as a tally might be the only tangible piece of history to a unit/ship/division/flottille etc....

Best of luck,

JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                  None of these are rare and none of these deserve that high of a price. You are free to price them at your own. The Kriegsmarine has obvious traces of glue to it, further reducing the value. The Unterseebootschule is cut very close to the letters which make for a difficult display if someone wanted to put in a picture frame or other display. There is no shortage of the Schiffsstammabteilung tallies, especaially for the lower numbers.

It depends on how fast you are hoping to sell these. You might be more fortunate to liquidate if you offer an individual price and then a reduced price (maybe taking off the cost of the Kriegsmarine or Schiffsstamabeilung or both to take the grouping; as I said, it depends on how quickly you are hoping to sell this.

As an avid collector of tallies, it always amazes me when I see fellow collectors who post items that are pretty rare and desirable units and they sit on the forum estand with hardly a nibble. Kind of sad. This is an incredible area to collect and very exciting as a tally might be the only tangible piece of history to a unit/ship/division/flottille etc....

Best of luck,

JustinG
                  Agree with the excellent summary by Justin.

John

Comment

Thank you for your reply JustinG.

Best regards,
                    André

Comment

Glad to help. Best of luck.

Regards,
                      JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X