Schuchmann KM stopwatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schuchmann KM stopwatch

We have had a few stopwatches posted recently with comments regarding markings.

Here is a Schuchmann from my collection. It is in working, functional condition but naturally needs a good cleaning from a Master Watch Repairman. Personally, I leave KM watches alone, this one included, as not to stress the main spring and other delicate parts after all these years.

I may be putting this on estand sometime in the future since I want to fund another purchase, but not quite yet.

John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 06-04-2014, 10:26 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Great piece .

And nice to see that you're using cotton gloves.
      That's how historical artifact should be handled.

Comment

I am just protecting myself from fingerprint theft ))

Seriously though, I think everything should be handled with cotton gloves, within reason of course. Since I am mainly a combat badge collector and cap tally collector, I just got in the habit early on.

John

Comment

Gorgeous! I really like these stopwatches, something about the timing of the torpedoes from war movies like Das Boot. If we only knew where this watch had been during the war.
          best wishes,
          jeff
          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Nice, I have the same with other number.

regards
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GEPRUFT View Post
              Nice, I have the same with other number.

regards
              Mike
              Can you post it here Mike?

John

Comment

Hello John,

I will make a start with posting mine which I serviced by myself.

Regards, Florian

Comment

Really nice watch Florian (of course I like it!!!). When you say you serviced it yourself, do you mean you took it apart or did you only lubricate it after removing the backing without disassembly?

A master watch man would take it complete apart piece by piece. Would get expensive probably.

John

Comment

For other members, I cannot find a KM stopwatch for sale on any dealer site right now, at least one with an accepted stamp. Can anybody else find one and post it here?

John

Comment

Hello John, as discussed here is my U-Jagd from JUNGHANS! Joe

PICT0373.jpg

PICT0374.jpg

Comment

This is the mine.

regards
                        Mike
                        Attached Files

Comment

All nice stopwatches. I notice mine is younger than the rest ))

Actually, I am not sure if they were consecutive through the entire production run or if they started over at the beginning of the year.

John

Comment

I listed my stopwatch on the equipment estand yesterday. I still have not been able to find one for sale on any dealer site, but if somebody can find one, please post it here.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X