Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM nco sailor jacket

Hello all,

I would like to know Your opinions about this one jacket. The eagle is hand sewn but looks fine and imo it's standard on KM tunics. Boards looks period sewn for me.
    Like always thank You for Your help and replies

Comment

Comment

Comment

Some more pics from seller. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Classical period jacket !
            I don't like the breast eagle , a repro IMO
            nick

Comment

With that top 5th row of buttons above the breast pocket I would entertain some suspicion that this could have the potential to be a tuned up Bundesmarine reefer?

All the other aspects are spot on pre 45 without much difference and like what I see here on the other hand.

Anyhow, from my knowledge the top row of buttons are typically applied just below/parallel to the breast pocket hem.

Furthermore, view the vertical distance of the button holes? I could believe the 5th button(s) is higher than normal IOT to balance out an equivalent distance between only 4 original buttons on this posted reefer.

The eagle and the entire jacket would have me fooled otherwise. Any other thoughts please?

-Ray-
              Last edited by -Ray-; 05-29-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                I have a couple of reefer, for NCO and officers. 5th row buttons are seated different on all of them. Sometimes below the breat pocket, over the pocket, same height...but what I do not like here that the 5th row bottons are covered halfway by the collar. You never know but I personally would pass on this.
                As stated by Ray, a measurement between the buttonswould be good.
                Regards
                Christian

Comment

The buttons that high would scare me off...(Bundesmarine conversion).
                  but I guess it did happen based on this thread!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=reefer

Comment

Thanks Guys for all opinions. No more pics and info on request from seller so I'll pass.

Best, Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X