KM Admiral tunic and visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM Admiral tunic and visor

This tunic showed up unexpectedly yesterday and so I thought it would go nicely with my KM Admirals visor.
    Once I find a manikin to set it up properly it should look better. In the meantime I hope you KM collectors will enjoy.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice (both)! Either named?

Comment

Unfortunately the tag in the tunic is faded - all I can make out is "43" , probably a date I'm thinking.

Comment

Lovely tunic not often found in this rank/grade. I like the evidence of career progression. And looks splendid with the matching visor.

-Ray-

Comment

Erich, superb match up. It would look great with all the awards diplayed on the tunic. J

Comment

Great find Erich!

I'm glad it came to a nice collection, and it perfectly matches your magnificent visor

Comment

Super set !
                  Came the field clasp with it ? Maybe a point to start for identifying the admiral?
                  Regards
                  Christian

Comment

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen! They mean a lot to me coming from the KM experts!

When I do set him up on a manikin what type of belt, if any, would he be wearing?
                    Also would he wear any badges or medals or would his field clasp suffice?
                    The tunic has loops for one badge on his right side (Spanish cross or GCIG perhaps?) And loops for 4 badges besides the field clasp.
                    I would appreciate any suggestions on what would be appropriate for wear regarding the loops.

Comment

Erick, right either SC or DKiG as you said. Left I would go for EK1, Clasp to the EK 1, HSF badge and either destroyer or uboat or ww1 woundbadge. J

Comment

Here a link to a site which lists Km Admirals with their awards.
                        Maybe a good point to have a look and choose a combination which was actulally worn by one of them.

http://jnhouterman.greatnow.com/bio/...n_Admirale.htm

Regards
                        Christian

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                          Here a link to a site which lists Km Admirals with their awards.
                          Maybe a good point to have a look and choose a combination which was actulally worn by one of them.

http://jnhouterman.greatnow.com/bio/...n_Admirale.htm

Regards
                          Christian
                          Great information. The EK1, ek1 clasp and some naval combat badge, KVK with swords fist class seems to worn by all. J

Comment

I wouldn't put an EK1 and a KVK1 w/swords together on the uniform...although the lists shows many, many were awarded both, I am pretty sure the governing regulation stipulates when both were earned, only one is worn, of course with the EK1 taking wear precedence.

Joe

Comment

Nice tunic and visor cap. Looks like he was a DK winner as well.
                              Doug

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X