Kriegsmarine HBT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine HBT?

Anybody recognize this as a KM fatigue-work jacket? Its in gray HBT...
    I have seen similar ones in white with a chest pocket but higher button count....
    I got it without insignia...(kind of boring looking) but the chest pocket shape (slanted corners) and dimensions
    (14.5cm) are 100% KM regu;ation, but no markings... The buttons are old resin ones (non removable)

(btw the KM pith helmet is missing the leather edge trim and has some black fabric tape on it for now, to hold the edges together...
    that's why it looks funny... for those who are wondering...)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 04-26-2014, 01:21 AM.

The (added) rank chevron is in the exact same HBT pattern material but green backed...I have seen mismatched sets in period photos...
    Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Comment

Well Nick i'll have to break the ice on your nice item and thread.

First of all, I never seen one of these, not even in any publications so thanks for posting. It's closest resemblance to me is like a tackle shirt. A nice item for an ultimate KM collection though.

-Ray-

Comment

Yeah they had so many variations of work shirts, tackle shirts, work-fatigue jackets for maintenance duties etc...
        depending on service (deck/machine room, U-boot... etc) , duty station and time period...
        its hard to document all the different versions...Angolia's KM Volume 1 does cover various but not this one...
        To me the material and color are legit for KM, the only thing that bothers me are 4 buttons only. I would have prefered seeing 5 total...
        Who knows?
        Still makes for a nice display (I'm thinking combined with gray leather deck pants). Thanks for the positive comment.

Comment

Nick, Just reviewing old threads. Havnt been on here in ages, i have a interesting KM grey HBT in my collection somewhere, with the same upper pocket, but 5 button front( if memory serves correct).. I will find it and post a pic. It has a Hamburg manufacturing stamp in it.

Comment

Originally posted by hoacha View Post
            Nick, Just reviewing old threads. Havnt been on here in ages, i have a interesting KM grey HBT in my collection somewhere, with the same upper pocket, but 5 button front( if memory serves correct).. I will find it and post a pic. It has a Hamburg manufacturing stamp in it.
            Would like to see it! Hamburg stamp would make sense for KM! SO also collarless?

New theory on mine... it's actualy an early Waffen SS HBT...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=ss+hbt+gray

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X