Clear All

Insigne Kriegsmarine pour examen

Salut, Hello,

cet insigne est il un original ?
    Merci pour votre aide

This badge is it an original ?
    Thank you for your help

Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 02-28-2014, 11:38 AM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Hi Power Taupe,

I'm not familiar with this particular hardware variation but it looks okay for an early Tombak version? I'm uploading your linked images and moving the thread to the Kriegsmarine Uniforms and Equipment forum.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

Comment

I like it. In the pictures it looks silver. Is that correct?
      JAndrew

Comment

non il a un aspect laiton !

No he has an aspect brass !

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
          I like it. In the pictures it looks silver. Is that correct?
          JAndrew
          Hi JAndrew,

I think that's the just the lighting on the obverse. On the reverse views you can still see gilding.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Actually he received a cover silvered on the surface, well done because it is not obvious to see in the day with the badge in hands...

Comment

Salut Power Taupe

IMO you have a very good silver (Heer or KM Beamte) tombac summer uniform bird. Attached is my early gold (fire gilded) specimen of the same bird. Same identical "4 feather design" (second row has 4 feathers each side) but the catch and hinge are a bit different as can be expected for a slightly later version but the hinge is typical for this maker

Beau oiseau!

JC
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Power Taupe View Post
                Actually he received a cover silvered on the surface, well done because it is not obvious to see in the day with the badge in hands...
                Then I stand corrected. Like JAndrew and Jean-Claude say, a silver coloured Administrative eagle that has worn down to the raw Tombak.

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=602919

Hi Norm

Hope you are fine ?

Exactly the same as mine here is the thread :

Best regards
                  Alain

Comment

You can also post this for opinions on the Heer and Insignia forum.

John

Comment

This badge would be of French manufacturing, can being Bacqueville? I wait for the confirmation...

Comment

Allo Power taupe,

Thats an interesting statement...Anything is possible I suppose and I would love to see any indication you may have that would link this design to a specific manufacturer but to my limited knowledge this type of bird is not usually associated to Bacqueville or any foreign manufacturer.

I only have circumstantial evidence to support this but :

1) I appreciate a bird can be easily be changed or replaced on a uniform but I have observed this exact same variation in gold or silver on a few early/pre-war summer tunics that would imply pre-war manufacture

2) This bird variation appears to have been in production for a rather long period of time. You find specimens produced in a variety of configurations ranging from early quality fire gilded or silver plated tombac (or brass) to later painted zink pieces. I know very little about Bacqueville products other than they are considered questionable by some collectors and they are always made of zink and this die was in use before zink became the material of choice (or necessity)

Regards

JC

Comment

Here's something potentially interesting. An example of this type of eagle and hardware was posted in the KM badge section along with a collection of "French-made" badges along with an anecdote of coming from a U.S. veteran who got them in France.

Mind you, there was also a Juncker badge in the mix so not everything was French, but the hardware on that eagle does bear some similarity to the "French-made" zinc badges?

Best regards,
                          ---Norm
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Norm F; 04-11-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X