My latest....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest....

Probably paid way to much for this.....but I didn't want to let it go.....
    Attached Files

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

Hi,
      it is a nice cap from an U-Boat commander, even with added and new applied insigna.
      I think they match very well to this cap.
      Regards
      Christian

Comment

Really nice Sir! I gotta' add one of these to the menu sometime.

-Ray-

Comment

You paid exactly what you thought it's worth.
          I was looking at it from the first moment it was on their update, but had to pass as I have few nice items on layaway to pay.

It's a rare opportunity to own U-boat commander's cap. If I were on your place, I'd also try hard to arrange a layaway for that tunic they have. Those two items together would be a killer dosplay ;-).

I know Peter is more than willing to help, so...

Comment

Wow that is a looker. Congrats

Comment

I know this is nasty, but ;-)

http://www.hermann-historica.de/aukt...db=kat67_r.txt

I see this many times, I miss an auction and later I want to buy from a dealer, for a way higher price.

Comment

Hh

Same applies for the gala jacket. Was in the same lot as the cap, went also for 1000 Euro at PvL.
                So a nice margin, but this is ok for me as they have the work as well as the risk.
                I just have asked myself why they have not quired the following lot with all the Kentrat insigna...would have than a step closer to restore the jacket.
                Now those sitting in my locker.
                Regards
                Christian

P.S. I am looking for a nice handstitched cap eagle, as I have one with this missing !
                Last edited by compressore; 03-01-2014, 09:08 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

my latest

I wondered this also.....

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                    I know this is nasty, but ;-)

http://www.hermann-historica.de/aukt...db=kat67_r.txt

I see this many times, I miss an auction and later I want to buy from a dealer, for a way higher price.
                    Hi Guys,

I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake so could someone please clarify for me? I gather Sir Sinkalot's cap is the same one that was sold along with the jacket for 580 Euro in this Hermann Historica auction but at that time it had no insignia?

So were the insignia applied by Sir Sinkalot after purchase from his dealer, or rather by someone in between? In the latter case, I would presume there was full disclosure regarding restoration?

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    Attached Files

Comment

Guys at Military antiques Stockholm (Peter von Lucas) reapplied the insignia.
                      That was stated, also, on their web page when sold. It was done professionally and nicely, as I can see, and I am glad to see that they are saying when they reapply the insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                        Guys at Military antiques Stockholm (Peter von Lucas) reapplied the insignia.
                        That was stated, also, on their web page when sold. It was done professionally and nicely, as I can see, and I am glad to see that they are saying when they reapply the insignia.
                        Hi Andjelo,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm

Comment

Very nice pick up. Congratulations.

Regards,
                          JustinG

Comment

Very nice looking cap, congrats

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X