Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Colani tunic

Hi!

I bought this rather unusual Colani tunic from Klaus Butschek recently, and now when it's with me I have some questions as it's not an issued one nor is like another one I saw before.

I have recreated the buttons to the places where remains of an old thread were, and also there was a 5cm diameter ghost shade of sailor's specialty on the left sleeve as well as holes where I believe were two badge loops.

The tunic was made in Dutch town of Dordrecht, on the existing address (checked).
    As Colani, the tunic has atypical narrowing seams on the front, just like on the officer's reefer. It has two inside pockets, but no reefer left breast pocket.

I'm a bit confused seeing that "ordinary" sailor had privately purchased tunic, but the left sleeve 5cm round patch ghost shows it's not a reefer.

Also, places where collartabs were are slightly visible, but not as much as the sleeve round insignia.

Any thought about this beauty?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi there!

I think that sometime its quite difficult say something about marine garment without insignia or something else could properly identified a cloth... because they are almost identical for all army and times, since long time ago.

This one is even more difficult due its private origin, and place of made.

So, I think that anybody could say if it was made by a dutch tailor follow a request of a german sailor during WWII, or belong to a dutch marine in more recently times..

Best,

Comment

I agree with you.
          Anyway, I couldn't find any evidence of something even close to this cut in Dutch navy,
          and I am pretty sure mr. Klaus knows what he is selling.

Maybe he can help, I have asked him to jump in and say a word.
          Last edited by amiklic1; 12-29-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Regardless,,, typical Dutch corn row stitching pattern to the interior as seen on various WH private purchase garments.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
              Regardless,,, typical Dutch corn row stitching pattern to the interior as seen on various WH private purchase garments.

-Ray-

Thanks for that detail, I know almost nothing about WH garments.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X