KM sidecap for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM sidecap for review

Still waiting for interior pic and maybe some details.
    This is coming from a guy in France. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Well from the outside it looks like an original KM overseas cap, BUT, I hope you won't be paying a premium because of the "boat insignia". Edelweisses used to be readily available so plunking one of those or the olympic rings on a cap to increase the value is very common. Whoever did it goofed it up as the Edelweiss should be oriented just like on the Bergmutze (stem leading). Here's a pic of some crew members from U-124. See the difference?
      Attached Files

Comment

The guy is not trying to sell it.
        My friend knows him as he was a foreign volunteer in last war in Croatia,
        and now he's back in France

This ca is part of his old collection, in which there were some repros, as he told me.

I noticed the direction of edelweiss, of course, but would like to hear more opinions.

Comment

From what I can see the cap and insignia are good. Can't tell if period sewn from photos.

Richard

Comment

I suggest next time you provide more details up front so the people who are willing to take time to assist have a frame of reference.

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
            The guy is not trying to sell it.
            My friend knows him as he was a foreign volunteer in last war in Croatia,
            and now he's back in France

This ca is part of his old collection, in which there were some repros, as he told me.

I noticed the direction of edelweiss, of course, but would like to hear more opinions.

Comment

Not KM of course but maybe this Sgt didn't get the memo about stem forward

Richard
              Attached Files

Comment

And an NCO no less

Originally posted by Richard T View Post
                Not KM of course but maybe this Sgt didn't get the memo about stem forward

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
                  I suggest next time you provide more details up front so the people who are willing to take time to assist have a frame of reference.
                  Sorry, I got the photos and continued to exchange mails after I posted.
                  I asked the guy if he has something he'd like to sell so he said he'd keep this one.

I am still trying to arrange purchase as I like the cap.
                  The owner is a good guy but doesn't know much, so it's possible that someone sold him an original cap with added insignia.

I'll ask him to check if the cloth is darker under the edelweiss, that could help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X