Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine White Cap

I am thinking of buying this cap.

Have checked it out on the forum as much as I could.

I think that it is probably a good one.

What do those in the know think?

I can post the other pictures from the site if need be.

Wayne
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Where's the rest of the cap???

A "textbook" whitetop uses the blue Donald Duck frame as its base. It's constructed with a celluloid reinforced black mohair covered base band accomodating a leather sweatband, in most cases a silken crown lining, and thin twisted cord sewn vertically above each ear and at the back to hold the band in place properly.

That thing looks like it is for the stay-puff marshmallow man. I recommend you save your money and hold out for a "textbook" one. They are hard to come by and will typically run about $700 - $1100 depending on who has it and its overall condition. The nice thing about whitetops is that you can take a real narly looking top and soak it in Woollite and Oxy-Clean and it will clean up really nice (and NO, it will not glow. I stress this because there are people on this Forum who think Woolite and Oxy-Clean make things glow and they don't - end of story!).

If I see one I will throw the link your way. In the meantime type "KM Tellermutze" in the Search function and it will give you a bunch of Threads. Here's a Thread to get you going:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...te+donald+duck

Good hunting!

Bob
        Last edited by Waffenreich; 12-10-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

It looks more like a Cooks or Bakers hat.

I recently came across a similar "tellermutze" like this, after taking it apart, it turns out to be a Dutch pre 1940 cooks hat over a bleu WW1 kratzchen top, correct tally and some misc insignia.

I agree with Bob, go for a textbook one!

Comment

Thanks,

Wayne

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X