Kleinkampverbande waterproof floating flashlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kleinkampverbande waterproof floating flashlight

What do you think? Is this the real thing? It was cloudy today and I couldnt take photos outside. I will make better photos tommorow.
    Attached Files

Flashlight.
    Attached Files

Comment

more photos....
      Attached Files

Comment

...and last 2 photos.
        Attached Files

Comment

One would think that if this were KM issue it would be marked in some way. This looks suspiciously like the one that was on Ebay a few months ago that had no bids.
          JAndrew

Comment

Not claiming to be an expert, but a few questions:

Why should these have been KM marked? Did the Fallschirmjager helmets they used also have KM marks? This was a makeshift unit, which used items which were available at that time, on short notice. Perhaps these lights were used civilian before.

I could ask a Sprenglinsefahrer I know, let's see if I can get in touch again.

Maurice

Comment

Maurice,
              I did not say KM marked. I said "marked in some way" and I will bet you that the FJ helmets the Linse units used were sure as heck "marked in some way". This hardly looks "makeshift" to me but rather carefully and purposefully manufactured. But perhaps you meant that they would not at that point try to reinvent an item that already existed commercially? That would be understandable but I would still hope for some kind of manufacturer's label on it. I have seen similar designs - but not exactly the same - in Soviet and U.S. made survival beacons of the era and especially the U.S. Navy pilot's survival light. One thought is that since they used some Luftwaffe equipment could this possibly be a Luftwaffe item that they are using? A waterproof floating light was part of their gear as well.
              JAndrew

Comment

KM is not exactly my field, but I like the stuff a lot..

For what reason did these guys carry a flash light ?
                I presume it's water tight and to use underneath bridges etc ?
                I don't think that they had one for survival, not one like these.
                If they had one for survival it must've been the luft version, because they also used the luft survival boats etc..

Think I've seen a similar light like in the pics, maybe in my files, will see if I can find it.

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
                  KM is not exactly my field, but I like the stuff a lot..

For what reason did these guys carry a flash light ?
                  I presume it's water tight and to use underneath bridges etc ?
                  I don't think that they had one for survival, not one like these.
                  If they had one for survival it must've been the luft version, because they also used the luft survival boats etc..

Think I've seen a similar light like in the pics, maybe in my files, will see if I can find it.

Jos.
                  These were used so that after they jump out of a linse boat, they could mark their position so they could be found easier by "rescue" team.

Comment

Jos,
                    Thank you for having a look.
                    JAndrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X