Atlantik-Pirat Forum Is Back Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantik-Pirat Forum Is Back Up

For those of us Kriegsmarine enthusiasts who have to be members of both forums to feed our habit, I have good news. The Atlantik-Pirat forum is back up. Here is the link:

http://forum.atlantik-pirat.com/index.php

For those who are not familiar, that forum is a great historical discussion compliment to the collecting side of our hobby that we cover here on WAF. It is also filled with many great Kriegsmarine period pictures that will assist us with our collecting efforts.

Hi!

I agree.Very nice and GOOD Forum.

Regards Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
      For those of us Kriegsmarine enthusiasts who have to be members of both forums to feed our habit, I have good news. The Atlantik-Pirat forum is back up. Here is the link:

For those who are not familiar, that forum is a great historical discussion compliment to the collecting side of our hobby that we cover here on WAF. It is also filled with many great Kriegsmarine period pictures that will assist us with our collecting efforts.
      I signed up for several days..... but are not yet approved, we hope there are no problems : Confuso Confuso Confuso Confuso Confuso:

Comment

What happened to the atlantik-pirat site with the beautiful pictures of Kriegsmarine objects?

Comment

Hello!

I contact the admin 14 days ago without no replay.I had hope some big Forum took over this Forum with crazy GOOD Database.

Regards Marine.

Comment

It seems doesn't work.....

Comment

It works for me :-)

Comment

Hello!

Also work for me continuously.I contacted admin to hear about the future.

Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                  It was not the forum I was looking for, but the website with the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
                    It was not the forum I was looking for, but the website with the pictures.
                    I thinking of the same.

Marine.

Comment

I used this link and now it does not work anymore

http://www.atlantik-pirat.com/Der%20Atlantik-Pirat.htm
                      Last edited by glaser; 03-13-2014, 10:21 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

It was alive for some time after the old forum stopped, but it seems the page is closed. he sold the entire collection, and who knows what happened after that. I am sorry I haven't saved all those great photos for a reference.

We might think about making a dedicated page as a part of Wehrmacht awards, with all the items we can gather, just for a reference. That would be nice. I am sure that can be arranged with the owners with some conversation.

Comment

Database

Hi Andjelo,

that is what I have thought today too and I like the idea very much.
                          I am sure we as WAF members have together a very nice base of items, covering a huge range of KM items, which can be put in a reference database with nice pics and wording.
                          But we must take care than too about a useful structure, correct descriptions, some reference material like photos etc. for each of the the items to make sure all is well arttributed and correct.
                          This needs a kind of "moderation" and also a considerable amount of time and work, but I think we will find some volunteers for this to do.
                          If this will going to happen, count me in.

Regards
                          Christian

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                          It was alive for some time after the old forum stopped, but it seems the page is closed. he sold the entire collection, and who knows what happened after that. I am sorry I haven't saved all those great photos for a reference.

We might think about making a dedicated page as a part of Wehrmacht awards, with all the items we can gather, just for a reference. That would be nice. I am sure that can be arranged with the owners with some conversation.

Comment

Hello!

Enters now online on the forum at 20:51.

Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                              Hi Andjelo,

that is what I have thought today too and I like the idea very much.
                              I am sure we as WAF members have together a very nice base of items, covering a huge range of KM items, which can be put in a reference database with nice pics and wording.
                              But we must take care than too about a useful structure, correct descriptions, some reference material like photos etc. for each of the the items to make sure all is well arttributed and correct.
                              This needs a kind of "moderation" and also a considerable amount of time and work, but I think we will find some volunteers for this to do.
                              If this will going to happen, count me in.

Regards
                              Christian
                              Thanks!

Nice to hear someone else is thinking about that same principle of establishing a reference database. We can do it on a separate web page, but I think it's better to place it somewhere on the WAF page, as we're more here than anywhere else ;-).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X