Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info km jfs destroyer badge

Hi

I would like any help with this destroyer badge,maker JFS,follow is the description by the seller,I need to know is a good one and if it is a good price 75 british pounds in such condition
    how much is one like this in mint condition?
    Destroyer Award Badge. In good condition, but lacking pin (top hook, hinge and hook present), swastika has been semi-removed (worn down rather than cut off)but could quite easily be built up again if wished. Maker mark "JFS" in square.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thanks in advance

Hi Fernando,

It's a genuine zinc badge and the finish is in quite good condition but sadly quite damaged in obvious ways. Personally, I think 75 pounds ($118 U.S) is a bit high for a badge like this that would be hard to sell later -- probably 50 pounds would be more reasonable?

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Norm
      Nice to hear from you about it.
      I consider your opinion and I would make an offer to the seller
      Thanks
      Warmest regards from Spain
      Fernando

Comment

To answer your question about the cost of an undamaged one, there's one for sale right now on John T's site for $275.
        http://www.germanwarbooty.com/item-k...m%20km0285.htm

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

Norm I made an offer to the seller and we agree 55£ the total amount for such badge including shipping with tracking number,now is a good price,isn,t it?
          What years from WW2 period do you consider were made those zinc badges?
          Thanks
          Fernando

Comment

Originally posted by L11-VELASCO View Post
            What years from WW2 period do you consider were made those zinc badges?
            Thanks
            Fernando
            Hi Fernando,

As far as we know mid- to late war, sometime between 1942 to 1945.

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

Norm it was very kind of you your helping and it is for you because I got a discount by the seller

Comment

Finally I purchased it cause I prefer to own one destroyer in my collection than none ,the price 55£ is Fair and at this moment the most I can go for anything
                Please could tell me anybody if those badges de-nazified and lacking pins happened in ww2 or postwar times

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by L11-VELASCO View Post
                  Finally I purchased it cause I prefer to own one destroyer in my collection than none ,the price 55£ is Fair and at this moment the most I can go for anything
                  Please could tell me anybody if those badges de-nazified and lacking pins happened in ww2 or postwar times

Thanks in advance
                  Hi Fernando,

The badge was manufactured in wartime but denazification was generally done post-war to make the badge acceptable for wear or display. That one looks like it was only partially denazified. The breaking off of the ball hinge could have happened anytime.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                    Hi Fernando,

The badge was manufactured in wartime but denazification was generally done post-war to make the badge acceptable for wear or display. That one looks like it was only partially denazified. The breaking off of the ball hinge could have happened anytime.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    Norm always is great your light.

Have a nice Weekend
                    Fernando

Comment

Dear Gents

Here I go again years later with this km destroyer badge,may be a friend of mine would be interested in this my Km destroyer badge posted a couple of years ago but he need refresh opinions about authenticity and then I post better pics again,may be Norm will confirm again his thoughts with such badge or another member post now and advoice me for a price to sell it to my friend

Thanks

Fernando

Comment

Could someone confirm this km destroyer badge is period and good price to ask for it

Regards from sunny Spain

Comment

The words of Norm are still valid...for the value your friend should make up his own thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                            The words of Norm are still valid...for the value your friend should make up his own thoughts.
                            Thanks Christian,I thought the same about Norm, s opinion but my friend wanted another opinion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X