Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberleutnant sur See Uniform.

Hi Guy's

Ive got negative feedback on this piece, but IMO its okay. It was also bought on the e-stand. Please your expertise and experience! I know about the sturmabzeichen
    Thanks for looking

First time I have seen key rings to hold on buttons. I am also not too comfortable with how the rank boards are affixed to the jacket.
    These are just some of my limited experience red flags that concern me.

Looking forward to others observations.

Regards,
    JustinG

Comment

I do not like the French cuffs, which should be false, not real open like here.
      Button rings could be added later by collector, and I do not consider that a main issue.

Shoulder board loops are not commonly seen of this type, that's true.

Overall style is somewhat different, from material to mentioned details.

Could it be a private purchase jacket I do not know, but it's not the piece I would buy for my collection.

Comment

For officers the shoulderboards on white uniforms should also be in matching white color...a KM thing...

Slip-on boards are less common than pass-through T-boards for KM, but it was seen!

For comparison here's mine with slip-on white backed boards, fake French cuffs and smaller pockets and hole in lapel!
        These are the things to look for on real text book KM white uniforms! (all lacking on your example...)
        Converted West German police? The collar shape is also different.... Lijkt me geen goede...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 07-30-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reactions so far. It was on the e-stand a month ago and it was there quiet some time. I have it only for a week so if someone can conlcude its junk or not i could return it. Here more pictures;

This is the backside for the loops of the eagle. Its not accesible from the back because its over flapped with another layer with the same stitching like the rest.

The pic with the sleeve; is turned inside for a little. To show inside stitching.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by zwiktuut; 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

The first reaction to my tunic was; there's a hole missing the the right flap.

So im guessing he was right. A lott of differences when i compare it to yours
            To much negative feedback unfortunately. Im returning it to the previous owner.

Thanks Nick for your detailled argumentation! And ofcourse the others for their expertise.

Originally posted by NickG View Post
            For officers the shoulderboards on white uniforms should also be in matching white color...a KM thing...

Slip-on boards are less common than pass-through T-boards for KM, but it was seen!

For comparison here's mine with slip-on white backed boards, fake French cuffs and smaller pockets and hole in lapel!
            These are the things to look for on real text book KM white uniforms! (all lacking on your example...)
            Converted West German police? The collar shape is also different.... Lijkt me geen goede...

Comment

tunic

i sold this tunic on the estand and will return all funds to buyer once i get it back.

Comment

It looks like a Heer cut more than Kreigs in my opinion. Perhaps just a mess up with buttons or perhaps the officer like that style better. I assure you the Soldiers and Officers were much less concerned about it being a Heer cut vs a Kriegs cut than we are now. Its a bit more uniform now since Officers are not having tunics custom made at a tailor shop. I still like the jacket and will look at my heer ones later. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X