Kriegsmarine gramophone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine gramophone

I would like to show you one more item I recently bought.
    It's Kriegsmarine gramophone, with "Eigentum de Kriegsmarine" writing on the inside lid. After seeing two U-boat related gramophones, one in Eduardo's collection and another in former AtlantikPirat collection, I was looking hard to find something similar.

Finaly, it came to a German auction and I am a proud winner.

Also, it came with around 20 plates (do not know which songs, can't wait to see).

Hope you like it.
    Attached Files

Very nice!!

Mike

Comment

Very interesting. John

Comment

Congratulations, I look forward to seeing more pics when it arrives in your collection.
        Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

Of course. This one will first go to Slovenia, to avoid extremely high import costs to Croatia (around 40% ) and a friend will bring it to me. I'll make not only a few nice photos, but can also make a small video of it playing some nice tune in my war room. You guys deserve it because of all the help I am getting here.

Comment

Hello!

Amazing,congrats with your new addition.

Regards Marine.

Comment

Awesome dude!!

Best
              JustinC

Comment

and here is it, working :-).

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFYRK...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Andy

Comment

outstanding.......thanks for taking the time to post.........dave

Comment

Awesome. Nothing like a trip back in time. Thanks.

Comment

Probably you know that already, but let me tell you - always change the needle when playing music. Play one side of a plate, then change the needle. There is friction between the plate and the needle and one of these has to be worn. Of course, they have made it in such a way, that the needle gets worn, not the plate. But onсe the needle is worn, then it starts to damage the plates, too. So, change it very often, that is why these needles came in boxes of dozens and hundreds.
                        The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Thanks for noting that, even if I already knew it.

I got a box with around hundred needles, but I will get more new ones.

This gramophone will not play much, but I will, anyway, like to preserve all the records as much as possible.

Now I have to find "Lilly Marleen" and "Erika" records, and of course some Kriegsmarine marches.

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                            and here is it, working :-).

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFYRK...ature=youtu.be
                            Hi Andjelo,

I had missed this before. Fantastic item! Thank you so much for posting the photos and the fascinating video.

Best regards,
                            ---Norm

P.S. I don't suppose you happen to have the record of the Navy song "Wenn das Schifferklavier an Bord ertönt"?

Comment

Nice abstract KM item. How about now you can play "It's a long way to Tipperary" on it?

Quote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a...y_to_Tipperary
                              In the 1981 Second World War film Das Boot, morale is boosted in the U-boat when the German crew sings the song as they start patrolling in the North Atlantic ocean to disturb convoy traffic to Britain. The crew sings it a second time as they cruise toward home port after near disaster.

-Ray-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X